Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

1-more. Ignore the 146 Squidder in the back, it's also gonna get a bearing transplant.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

My "Diffies"(diffrent)
A 500 Accurate(plates & frame) Jigmaster Magnum. A heavy "beast" of a Jigmaster, with Pro Challenger-Allen Chui-ss guts, including the HX gear set, which features a very adjustable(ramps up slowly)and smooth functioning drag system.

The 2 part(frame & sideplate) Jigmaster 501 Mag. from P.C. This is the smoothest/best jigmaster "kit" product I've acquired yet. Perhaps it's cause  of the integration of the tail-plate and frame as one piece and some darn good machining. Sorry Allen, but I hadda write some mag adjusting info. on the tail-plate, until I get used to it.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

The standard stock size uppies.

Left:A C.C. side-plate/Tib. frame n' spool 501. Got a Reel Speed drag system and P.C. 5:1 ss gears. Right: A C.C. Jigmaster 500 kit in my favorite color, with a Maxed Out shifter and mostly P.C. innards.
As you may be able to see, most of these have P.C. knobs and handles.

Gfish

All the "diffies" and "uppies".

Gfish

The "Stockies", starting top left.
A 500M with the box, Pristine 501L with box, bottom left; HS 505, HS 506 and a 500S.

Decker

That's a lot of muscle, Gregg!

Gfish

So, the stock 500S is pretty unique. 1st picture: the side-plates are made of delrin(or lexan, or are they the same material with diffrent trade names?) insteada bakelite. And it features solid bars on the frame. This model only lasted several years from the late 70's to the early 80's.
In the second picture the biggest diffrent thing to me on the "S" reel, was that the quick-take-apart feature was reversed to the tail-plate. Note the structural design difference between the S on the left and a 500 on the right, especially the screw arrangement. Of course you're lookin at the head-plate of the 500(right),and at the tail-plate of the 500S(left).
Note that the the 500S has a screw securing the click spring for an easy change.

basto

I like the takedown screw on the tail plate. Looks a lot easier to remove the tail plate than the head plate.
Very nice collection. Thanks for showing.
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Gfish

The beginnings of a more generalized collection of oldies but goodies...? Not actively collecting them but whatta ya gonna do, when you see one you just godda have?!...and you know it will afford you yet another opportunity
to come up with a new way of trying to explain your addiction to your better 1/2. So far, my best explanation sounds somethin like: "with some guy's it's gambling, bars, lap-dance type places, etc., but not me, I'm home with you and my collection. This is about like your shoe collection, some of which you never wear, but they are still cool to own, right?"

Top left, on just the bottom shelf: a pristine Long Beach 60,  a Zebco Cardinal 4, lower left: a Long Beach 65 "Deluxe", a Silver Beach 97, a DAM Quick 250 Standard and a Shakespeare Royal Maroon 2062.

FatTuna

This is what I thinned by collection down to. I have a few more reels that I keep in reel bags. Also, three silver Penn 130VSXs on CMS custom rods.

I'm looking to pair up a 900H and 114H with some standup rods. After that, I might upgrade a few Senators.

*anyone know how to rotate that picture?

Gfish

Can't decide yet.
This is a 650 CS Alvey, sent to me from Donnyboat(Don Walton) straight from land of OZ. Accorrding to Don, the Company was pretty serious about hangin it up, but has somehow been revitalized and is goin strong now.
So, I couldn't risist takin it out to see how it worked surfishin for Ulua's(GT's).

In Hawaii, shore based Ulua fishermen use a "slide bait" rig.
Chuck a 6-10 oz. sinker out, set the rod up, tighten the line, catch a tidepool or reef fish, hook 'em so they can swim, and with a short leader(line with a sliding clip and a hook on the other end), that you attach to your main line, send 'em on out and wait. The Alvey works beautifully once you get used to castin it.

Don recomended a rod like my 15 ft.'er with one major exception: about a 8 in. Butt section...yeah, she was tough to cast, but I's able to make  'er work.

I can't decide though, a collector reel, or a surf monster. It is unique and an attention gettin/conversation piece(most guys here use Newell's or a 113H).

Maxed Out

Sweet reels. I'm sure you'll put them to good use

Hey Gregg, I do have light gold shift lever that will match those gold plates

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Midway Tommy

Thanks for sharing, Greg! I'm impressed, you've got a nice collection going there. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Benni3

Now that's a nice collection  ;D