Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

The "Limited Edition" PENN 525 SUPERMAG XTRA from the UK . . . What makes it "limited" is that Neil Mackellow arranged for 50 reels to have the Stainless Steel trim, rather than the usual Black trim . . . I have two of them !

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ez2cdave

Quote from: thorhammer on January 10, 2017, 11:07:07 PM
Nice stand Dave! Even nicer I'm in driving distance!  ;D

What's the custom under the 700?

If you meant the rod that the Calcutta 700S is mounted on, it's an original All-Star Breakaway Stinger . . . 13',2" with a Graphite Butt and E-Glass / S-Glass hybrid top half. That's before Breakaway joined All-Star and engineer Don Mook took them in the all-graphite, 70/30 split direction.

If you are talking about the rod in the pic with the "cluster" of rods leaning up, that's a Terry Eustace "Long-Range Carbon Carp" from the UK produced in the 1980's . . .  12ft long with a slow, parabolic action . . . It's great with 3/4oz to 1.5oz and 8-10 lb-test, but you have to "wait on it" during a long-casting attempt. It really reaches out there !

Tight Lines !

Maxed Out

WOW Dave  :o :o, very impressive.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, you have a reeel problem on your hands. Glad your here, cause we have the only cure known to mankind.....more reels  ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 11, 2017, 12:49:52 AM
WOW Dave  :o :o, very impressive.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, you have a reeel problem on your hands. Glad your here, cause we have the only cure known to mankind.....more reels  ;D ;D

Yes, it's a terrible problem . . . LOL ! ! !

To make it even worse, those aren't all of them . . .

Tight Lines !

thorhammer

Nice Dave! I'm a big fan of my 525's and 535's, heck all my GS reels. Post up the rest!

John

Carl L

My "Ham shack" -or middle bedroom of my home where i keep all the electronics, r/c stuff; and most importantly the Fishing gear!! The vintage penn reels just draw me somehow.. the 190 is on the way from fleabay.. i restored all but the red 114hlw and the supermariner.(I took them apart, but they were pristine inside and out) I'm guessing around 1939 on the "85", but it has a hersheys kiss looking clicker button.. (still need 4 weathered base screws fof that one). It was really bad when I got it and everythings kinda brassy looking.(would'nt be right with shiny screws haha)... Carl

Alto Mare

Very nice Carl! ok I'll ask, what's with the $20?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Carl L

Ha !! The $20 was put up there to show a non fishing buddy what a penn 6/0 senator was and show size.. I just pulled that pic off my phone and did'nt notice till the pic was up.. I enjoy your articles..

Bill B

Dave, I am tired just thinking what it took to bring all those outside for the group photo.....nice collection brother.....

Carl, you are on the highway to the Darkside  ;)....soon you will be brushing your teeth with old crusty grease toothbrushes and waiting to the mailman at the end of the driveway to intercept the package with your new reel  :D......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ReelFishingProblems

Carl,

I have an old corroded with cracked side plate 85 that started this whole adventure for me. I may have the original worn screws you are looking for

Nick

Alto Mare

Quote from: Carl Larsen on January 16, 2018, 06:26:30 AM
Ha !! The $20 was put up there to show a non fishing buddy what a penn 6/0 senator was and show size.. I just pulled that pic off my phone and did'nt notice till the pic was up.. I enjoy your articles..
Ah...I see...very nice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Also in the "ham Shack" there seemed to be some airplane cockpit type panarama pictures as maybe wallpaper.  Interesting background and inventive .  Can you tell us how you did these and a little story.   You g

iving me some new ideas.    Thanks ;)      Youve collected well my friend.   

Carl L

The posters are sportys pilot shop freebies. Phone number on bottom of poster. White fibreglass pole blocking pic is offshore shakespeare marine com antenna. Reels are on my Farfar's (danish for fathers father) machinist chest from ceco machine in chicago during WW2.< he was on the team that designed the tooling for the stamped steel plates with holes that were used for aircraft landing runways that grass grew through (made runways look like fields). I spent a lot of time with him as a kid. I was the only kid in kindegarten who could read a starrett micrometer (still got it)

Tightlines667

I wouldn't mind hearing more about your RC planes.  Do you have mostly scale stuff?  I used to be pretty big into RC aircraft.  I still have 3 Gliders (1 german-made scale fiberglass, 1-2 meter electric, and a small park flyer) and a PT-40 trainer.  If I had more time, I would get a high performance discus launch glider, and a competition level 2 meter.  I started out flying gliders, moved to gas, then home designed electric park flyers, and some scale electrics, then full circle back to gliders.  We have great conditions for flying the gliders here.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.