Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Quote from: FatTuna on September 12, 2018, 09:24:41 PM

*anyone know how to rotate that picture?

If I hold my left finger on the "option" key and click on the photo with my right finger, a new window will open and  the photo will turn to the portrait position.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

oc1

I don't have an option key Basto.  Maybe that's been my problem all along  :)

Nonetheless, that sure is a lot of rods FT.  That's an interesting slant on collecting Greg; stock reels and then the same models with all the fixings.  Both of you must be hard-pressed to use them all.

I've wanted to try casting with the reel at the bottom but never get around to it.  There was a beautiful custom surf rod at the auction site a month or so ago that was set up that way with a fixed reel seat.  It was expensive and did not stay listed very long.  The Alvey would have been perfect on it.
-steve

Shark Hunter

Great looking reels G. ;)
I tried righting Fat Tuna's rod pic.
I have a new laptop and Windows 10 is a different game that I haven't mastered yet. >:(
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 15, 2018, 01:32:34 AM
I have a new laptop and Windows 10 is a different game that I haven't mastered yet. >:(

If you click on the picture the rods are upright.....no windows 10 knowledge required  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 15, 2018, 01:32:34 AM

I still run Windows 7, 64-bit . . . Windows 8, 8.1, & 10 are "too foreign" for me . . . More like using a "Smart Phone" ( Which I refuse to own ).

Tight Lines !

Jeffro

New addition to my Mariner collection... the 49A!  Thanks to Ted and AC49 for sourcing this interesting history piece.  Front and center is a '39 waffle clicker, a '56 ish with large arbor vented spool, King Salmon with wooden torpedo, the 49A and a new old stock 349H.  Also first shot at posting a pic so fingers crossed.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

AC49

Quote from: Jeffro on January 21, 2019, 10:43:10 PM
New addition to my Mariner collection... the 49A!  Thanks to Ted and AC49 for sourcing this interesting history piece.  Front and center is a '39 waffle clicker, a '56 ish with large arbor vented spool, King Salmon with wooden torpedo, the 49A and a new old stock 349H.  Also first shot at posting a pic so fingers crossed.

Hi Jeffro glad that R187 (about $13) 49A reel and box has good home.
Enjoy that piece of South African history  :)

Regards
AC49

Donnyboat

Thanks for showing them Jeffro, nice collection, really good solidreels ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM
I have come a long way since I came here. I enjoy it every day and consider you all my friends! ;)
I am a simple person that doesn't ask for much. I work hard and enjoy the simple things in life. ;D
I hope you all will express yourself as I have, and I enjoy building and refurbishing every one of these!
14/0's in the back, 16/0 in front of the Everol 14/0, 12/0's next, then the 10/0's. 9/0's and 114H's on the right. A few Jigmasters and Surfmasters in the front.
Super Mariners, The Tank, and the Wex! ;)
Nothing but Cherries Al!
A couple rigs I'm ready to bring to the Gulf Coast in two short months! 14/0 on the right with a Batson Rainshadow 130 lb 5'6" blank with Zirconium guides, two 12/0's with the Big Nasty and a two piece Davis roller rod, 9/0 on a 100lb roller rod and a 114H on a Senator Mariner rod.
I couldn't fit these on the table.
A few more rods I haven't rigged yet. Winthrop roller, Billfisher 80 lb, Custom wood handle 80 lb and a few other roller rods.
Your turn Guys! Pull out all the stops! Lets see what you Got! ;)

And you have come a far piece since 2014...i want to see an updated pic....the FIVE YEAR CHALLENGE!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

steelhead_killer

Very nice!

Quote from: Jeffro on January 21, 2019, 10:43:10 PM

><)))">

Jeffro

Thanks for the compliments.  My original picture was downsized pretty small when I uploaded it to the gallery.  How are you all keeping the original dimensions??  Is the "additional options" a better way or must I use a third party hosting site?  I used to have a flickr account but it was randomly deleted.

Maxed Out

Your pics are fine Jeff. You have a sweet set of reels and the 49a is right at home with its brethren !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Ok John Boy.
I will take a picture of every reel I own, only if you do the same.
Challenge accepted!
Only one catch, It will have to be weekend after this coming, when my wife is working.
It is going to take up some space, and I need an empty house.
You aren't going to give in, and I am already regretting it.
I know I have  at least 5 times what was on that Table then.
Made a lot of friends since then too.
From Kentucky to across the globe.
Yes, I have a problem.
Plus side. I'll finally know how many 10, 12 and 14/0's I have! ;D
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Crap...I knew that would come back lol. I have a good portion on rods which will complicate this, but I'm in! I'm good to go three weeks out if you agree...this is not gonna fit in one or two pics for either of us!

Daron already knows this, but this and the Tank thread are my favorites, and add the wierd spinning reel thread- you get to see a variety of tackle. This thread had gone a little slow over the last year, so let's pick it back up, people! Doesn't matter what it is you have, you have it because you wish to....post it...I was tickled to pick up a little vintage black Zebco 404 last week for a buck; it brings back memories of the first reel I had in my life. They all have a purpose.

John