avet lx 4.6

Started by fastfishin85, March 09, 2014, 07:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastfishin85

im totally stumped,replaced all the interior bearings and now when the reel is together i have no free spool,maybe 2 secs,when i leave the spool attached to the handle side out of the frame it spins forever,but as soon as reinstall back into frame and tighten down the screws no free spool.the bevelles are in order,wiped all excessive grease from drag washer,is there something im missing.ive taken this reel apart many times and never had this problem until replacing all the bearings,any advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks sean

Bryan Young

Non MC version...right?

Is the pinion gear properly seated in the drag pressure plate?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

Quote from: fastfishin85 on March 09, 2014, 07:00:24 AM

...the bevelles are in order...

How were these oriented?   ))(())
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

fastfishin85

wow I feel stupid the bevelles were wrong,i had them ()()() for some reason,works perfect now,thanks bryan and dabigono,appreciate your help

alantani

this is the "softest" configuration.  do you get enough drag range this way?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fastfishin85

i put them back to stock alan,the way dabigono suggested and the way they were originally,gets plenty of drag,the other way i had them()()()didnt have any freespool,works very good now

DaBigOno

Quote from: fastfishin85 on March 10, 2014, 12:55:27 AM

i put them back to stock alan,the way dabigono suggested and the way they were originally,gets plenty of drag,the other way i had them()()()didnt have any freespool,works very good now

Glad it worked out for you.

As Alan mentioned, experiment with those washers to see what fits your style best.   Some people like the soft stock setting because it gives great free-spool for tossing live bait, some people want more drag range.

fastfishin85

ya im happy with this setting,do alot of casting from piers and bridges,the reels just got an aggressive drag curve from strike to full but always has,it would be nice to have a very progressive drag from the bait setting to full,but just rearranging the belvelles probaly wouldnt accomplish this,correct?

DaBigOno

Quote from: fastfishin85 on March 10, 2014, 02:39:29 AM

ya im happy with this setting,do alot of casting from piers and bridges,the reels just got an aggressive drag curve from strike to full but always has,it would be nice to have a very progressive drag from the bait setting to full,but just rearranging the belvelles probaly wouldnt accomplish this,correct?

Not really, but you might find a better washer orientation that you might be happier with.  Or maybe not if free spool is most important.

steelfish

I should have read more AVET threads before posting my questions, this was exactly the same problem I had on an avet I was servicing for a friend, I put the benevilles on the same stock configuration and the problem is gone, but I just read the AT call it softest configuration, since they are 6 mini washers I think the configuration setup could be a lot, but which ones are the more known benevilles configuration on the avet world ?

Quote from: alantani on March 09, 2014, 06:39:40 PM
this is the "softest" configuration.  do you get enough drag range this way?
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

sf, like I said in the other thread I tried setting up the belleville washers in many different configurations when I replaced the stock cam with the South Florida cam (though I went back to the stock cam). I must of had the reel apart 10 times. As you found if the washer are like ()()() the stack is too wide forcing the spool into the drag plate (almost no freespool), if you set them like this ((())) the drag curve ramps up too fast in my reel with very little movement of the lever. With with this setup say you set your drags to have 10 lbs at strike. When you start to move the lever from freespool to the bait setting still no drag, past bait still no drag but as you get the lever close to the strike setting boom you have drag but the drag ramps up very fast from nothing to the 10 lbs starting maybe an inch or so before reaching the strike setting. Also, say you want or need to push the lever past strike with the belleville washers set ((())) with the reel set at 10 lbs at strike. If your reel is anything like mine once you do your drags will be at around 15 lbs just past strike not even close to full, way too much of a jump for me. If you go (((((( or )))))) same issue. I have even tried taking out one washer like ()()( and )()() among other failed attempts.

I sure don't know everything about Avet reels and if someone else can find a better config. of the washers please let us know.

SoCalAngler

I was wrong with the stock configuration of the belleville washers. DaBigOno had it right when he said ))(()). But I do have them ()(()) in my reel and I tested them both ways tonight and either config gives the same drag pressure and the same ramp up. 

steelfish

thanks, for the update.
The Baja Guy