Another long term 6/0 project

Started by Rothmar2, March 31, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

As always beautiful work! You work has really made me push the limits on fabrication on reels. I have a few in the works. But i can never do the metal work! GREAT job!

Alto Mare

Chris, at the rate you're adding parts on that reel, when you're done you will have the complete reel made by you ;D.
I have no doubts, you could build your own reel piece by piece ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

I would be scared to death doing this to a Newell

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Rothmar2

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 29, 2014, 04:53:03 AM
Chris, at the rate you're adding parts on that reel, when you're done you will have the complete reel made by you ;D.
I have no doubts, you could build your own reel piece by piece ;).

If I had access to a milling machine, with a dividing head, rotating base attachment, etc etc etc......I probably would do the whole reel. Probably build myself a complete reel from scratch.
For this particular reel, the only other part I would look into attempting would be the bridge. But for now, I'm going to fish it. Daron, I actually haven't had any more strife with splinters since I did the rings......thank goodness for that!

Rothmar2

A few final pix

Now to get out and fish it......

fIsHsTiiCkS

Simply amazing!! Great work and truly a one of a kind reel

Jerseymic

Stunning, a work of art, it should be in a glass case!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Newell Nut

BMITCH

Love this 6/0!!!! I'm really liking the handle arm. Very nice work all around.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Just needs to make that frame out of SS  ;)

Rothmar2

Cheers guys,

Will catch a few fish on it, then look into whether it needs any further tweaks, do them, and maybe preserve it.
But I feel I owe it to myself to at least hear that ratchet scream in anger.

ChileRelleno

Truly a masterpiece.
Without seeing the pics & reading the thread, there would be no way to appreciate the time & effort in this reel.
Simply incredible.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

steelfish

dang... you just built a new and improved 3x better Baja Special

The Baja Guy