Another long term 6/0 project

Started by Rothmar2, March 31, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Of all the reel projects. This one is by far my favorite.
I would love to hold that bad boy. I bet it is heavy.
Chris Don't play. ;)
Life is Good!

Rothmar2

One of these days, I'll get a weight up for the reel (with line). I did have a set of digi scales, but they suffered electric death, at the hands of my kids (don't ask!  ::))

Maybe I'll send it to you Daron for a look see, in the spirit of The Tank's adventure.

Bill B

Chris, I hate to ask this, but due to Photobucket cancelling our access to your photos, would it be possible for you to re-populate your photos for us to see again?  I know it is a big chore, but it would be sad to lose your outstanding work.   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rothmar2

Quote from: TARFU on July 29, 2017, 04:34:05 PM
Chris, I hate to ask this, but due to Photobucket cancelling our access to your photos, would it be possible for you to re-populate your photos for us to see again?  I know it is a big chore, but it would be sad to lose your outstanding work.   Bill

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for your interest. I have downloaded my photos from PB, onto a drive. I had almost 700 stored there, most of the pix were then linked to this site. I am just weighing up what to do next, weather to risk Imgur or Flickr and potentially have to go through this all again, or post them to the Gallery here. I'm not able to even look into it for another month anyway, as I'm currently at work (at sea) and am very limited with what I can do from out here. My conumdrum with using the site gallery is I believe I can only have four photos per post, which is going to make redoing this thread even harder if I have to break posts up in order to get the photos in.
I know others have re-built their posts, and I have every intention of doing the same. Its just unfortunate I have probably been my own worst enemy with being too photo-centric with the threads I have done. Its not just the Penn threads I have ahead of me either, there's the Shimano, Banax and Alvey threads (and probably others!) as well. Just have to have the time and place to do it.

Three se7ens

Its a bit of a hassle, but once photos are posted anywhere in the forum, you can use forum code to imbed the images in other posts.  You could just reply to the original post to attach the pictures, and edit your earlier posts with links to the attached pictures. 

ez2cdave

Quote from: Rothmar2 on July 30, 2017, 04:36:47 AM
Quote from: TARFU on July 29, 2017, 04:34:05 PM

Hi Bill, 

Thanks for your interest. I have downloaded my photos from PB, onto a drive. I had almost 700 stored there, most of the pix were then linked to this site. I am just weighing up what to do next, weather to risk Imgur or Flickr and potentially have to go through this all again, or post them to the Gallery here. I'm not able to even look into it for another month anyway, as I'm currently at work (at sea) and am very limited with what I can do from out here. My conumdrum with using the site gallery is I believe I can only have four photos per post, which is going to make redoing this thread even harder if I have to break posts up in order to get the photos in.
I know others have re-built their posts, and I have every intention of doing the same. Its just unfortunate I have probably been my own worst enemy with being too photo-centric with the threads I have done. Its not just the Penn threads I have ahead of me either, there's the Shimano, Banax and Alvey threads (and probably others!) as well. Just have to have the time and place to do it.

Rothmar,

I am now using IMGUR, but only for images used in forums that require linked images, rather than being able to upload them directly.

Otherwise, I alway upload directly, so that images won't be "lost to the ages", over the years !

It may be possible for the limit on number of images per post to be changed . . . I have seen threads here with MANY more than 4 pic in them, usually Tutorials.

Tight Lines !