Leather thumb drag/protection on a 113h Tank

Started by Mandelstam, April 11, 2014, 11:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

day0ne

Quote from: noyb72 on April 11, 2014, 11:34:14 PM
No good for us South Paws.
Ron

A Thumb Dinger works on either hand

http://www.thumbdinger.com/
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on April 11, 2014, 11:34:14 PM
No good for us South Paws.
Ron
Here you go, South Paw
http://www.amazon.com/Thumb-Protector-Leather-Construction-Padded/dp/B0095Z2WRA
Don't you think if they made a right-handed, they would have also made left-handed ::).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Uh, after 40 some years of looking for left handed stuff, my awnser is an emphatic NO!
Thanks for the link.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Sal I gather that you have some reservation about a thumb drag attached to the reel.  It really is a better idea than a dumb thumb glove.  It gets hot in Mexico.  Anything touching your hands or body gets hot and sticky and under some circumstances hot and sticky isn't a bad thing but not while fishing.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I forgot that lawyers get manicures weekly ::), a stone mason of forty years doesn't need anything but a piece of duct tape ;).
Karl does some beautiful work, I would also love to have something made by him, I just think that the topless frame shouldn't be drilled.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Dominick,
I think I found the perfect Gloves for you soft, sensitive, manicured hands. ;D They are even light colored so they won't be so hot. ;)
Life is Good!

Cone

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 12, 2014, 12:41:25 AM
Dominick, I forgot that lawyers get manicures weekly ::), a stone mason of forty years doesn't need anything but a piece of duct tape ;).
Karl does some beautiful work, I would also love to have something made by him, I just think that the topless frame shouldn't be drilled.

I agree the frame shouldn't be drilled. Sharkhunter I know there isn't a post on a topless frame. I don't own a narrow Tib frame. I do have a narrow J Variance one but it isn't topless. The post wouldn't work after thinking about it but if the frames are made like the standard width frames the holes in the frame go all the way through. I think Sal's solution is best but something could be made using longer screws in the frame. Even if the leather had a hollow tube for the longer screws to go into. It wouldn't have to be threaded. The screws would retain it.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Got ya Bob. ;) Just put the post on the inside of the frame and screw it down from the outside. You might have to trim the post a little, but I think you are onto something. If you had some harness lugs without the holes, then you could attach a post to it and you would be set.
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Reading this thread made me laugh...I like the thumb drag idea, but the the gloves? & thumbdinger? C'mon guys...Oh what the heck do I know I wear a beer drinking glove.

Tim

Mandelstam

Quote from: Big Tim on April 13, 2014, 12:23:44 AM
Reading this thread made me laugh...I like the thumb drag idea, but the the gloves? & thumbdinger? C'mon guys...Oh what the heck do I know I wear a beer drinking glove.

Tim

;D ;D
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

erikpowell

;D ;D ;D Gawd you guys crack me up.... LMAO...   ;D ;D
nice glove Dom  :P
;D
I'm on the beer, Sunday evening...But NOW, I'm gonna have a tequila shot (Kirkland brand..for those in the know  ;) ) - no lime
Just to honor all you guys... Here's to ya boyz... Salud!

Shark Hunter

Salud! back to you bro! Tim, anybody that drinks the High Life, Is OK in my Book! ;)
People make fun of it, call it eagle piss, These are usually beer snobs that drink Sam Adams or some other nasty tasting Beer.
If I could only have one beer. High Life would be it! Second, Yeungling Lager! I love that stuff! :P
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Big Tim on April 13, 2014, 12:23:44 AM
...Oh what the heck do I know I wear a beer drinking glove.

Tim, either you have the wrong beer or the wrong glove...;D ;D ;D

OldSchool

Idk ....we drink a lot of beer in Aus and ive never seen or even heard of a beer drinking glove till now...lol...Kudos to u ....only in America  ;D