Kamikaze Kam 300 baitcaster - anyone got one lying in pieces/spare parts?

Started by Jon_Kol, April 16, 2014, 07:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi!

I e-mailed Kamikaze some time ago, asking if they have spare parts for their Kamikaze reels. I got a one-sentence reply that they do not stock spare parts at this time, and they never answered my second e-mail with some additional questions.

The thing is that I serviced a Kam 300 baitcaster for a friend, taking the entire reel to pieces, and the reel had a couple of issues. So what I'm hoping is that someone here might have such a reel, or parts to it/parts from simular reels that might fit, so that I'm able to take care of those few broken parts. The parts are as follows:

* Spool tension adjustment knob - missing on the reel sent to me for service
* Front support - broken on the right hand side, and therefor not blocking the pin supporting the line guide carrier - making the entire pin slide out of its set position, taking the line guide carrier with it.
* Line guide carrier - broken on the left hand side, not giving the guide 100% function when the reel is in use.

Kamikaze hasn't (to my knowledge) any schematics to their reels. So it's quite a wild goosechase, I guess. I probably should give up on the whole thing, it's a very cheap reel, but I enjoy repairing things - instead of advising people to buy something new (unless they have to).

If anyone here suspect that they might be able to help me out, any reply is much appreciated. Thanks!

Keta

Try contacting StingRay, they have been helpful to me in the past.

Omoto America
a StingRay Company
1405 North Alternate A1A
Jupiter, FL 33469 USA
Toll Free: 800.257.9461
International 561.743.7724
sales@omotoamerica.com

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain