Raptor SX Birthday Present

Started by barkley1956, April 16, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkley1956

I've been helping a friend service reels for his shop as he fell on rough times due to Hurricane Sandy. He bought me a very nice birthday present - a Gold SX Raptor! I will crack it open as soon as I can to bring "it up to Tani standards". I will take pictures of the upgrade as I go. Cannot wait to wet a line with it! Thank you Rich!

Dominick

Barkley, you are a good man to help out a friend like that.  Your friend is a good guy to acknowledge your kindness with that gift.  That's what we like about this site.  It is people helping people.  :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

When you service it have some 1/8" plastic available to make a assembly tool to keep the pins lined up on the metal drag disks.  It was a PIA on my HXJ Raptor until I made the tool.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

barkley1956

Thank you Dom! It is what I love about this site too! Also thanks for the heads up Keta!

Capt Ahab

Barkley - what shop is this, I will give him some business when i am fishing that area (like in the next week or so - it is about to bust wide open :) )

lonehawkstation

Hey there Barkley.

I recently picked up the same reel.  Did you take shots or video of your upgrade?  It would be nice to check them out.

Good day,
-Jay

barkley1956

I have not used it or opened it yet but I will over this northeast winter!