Jetty nighmare!!!

Started by OSIRIS631, April 17, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OSIRIS631

Guys I have a Horror story for us all,

So last night I was out casting of my favorite Jetty out in Farrockaway.... when I got careless and let my lure get caught up in the weeds down by the water line....

Well long story short as I step down towards the waters edge among all the big jagged wet and slimmey rocks... low and behold I lost my footing and into the drink I went.  Of course I had to bounce of a few rocks first.. all the jagged one.   So as I lay here on my side cause I am still plucking pieces of coral or shell out of my rear I thing of the moral behind the story..  The lure was just not worthit.  At least I didnt loose the rod.  lol

Be safe guys,

John

Ps.  I think I may require stiches
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

BMITCH

You were with a partner....right?? How about korkers? That's what scares me about jetty jumping. Glad to hear your still here. Hope you'll feel better real soon and be careful out there.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

OSIRIS631

Mitch,

Idiot that I am...no I had no korker... dont know if you have been out to the Rockaways but my plan was to fish of the beach.. but after a couple of hours and out going tide... I got frisky and walked out to the edge of one of the jetties out there.  I was all so alone.  Won't happen again.  Thanks buddy

Shark Hunter

Glad you are alright John. ;) What is a korker? ???
Life is Good!

OSIRIS631

Hunter thats what I call them kleets you put on your shoes to get a grip on them slimey green rocks.

John

BMITCH

John, done my share of jetty hopping. The korkers are a MUST!! They have saved me on more than once. No I've never fished the rockaways but I have fished shinnecock. Used to drag the camper on the beach out there. Well before it went Hollywood. Now it's a nightmare. Any ways, I'm glad your doin ok. Someone was watching over you last night. Take it as a warning. Them rocks are HARD. Get well.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

I'm glad you're ok John. I can't fix you, but if that reel got banged up as you did, send it over and I'll take care of it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

Good to hear you're going to be ok John!  Please get it stitched up
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bucktail

Glad you made it back safely, albeit with a few bumps and bruises.  I don't do the rock hopping thing.  Too clumsy.  LOL!
Just a jig-a-lo

harryk3616

please safety first, like you said the lure wasn't worth it, but we all get thick headed at times ans say  '' not  me  ''   thank god your allright,  heal up and go catch a big one. 

erikpowell

Damn that sucks John, glad you're ok.. picking coral outta your backside is no fun at all.

Are corkers actually the shoes themselves, or are really "cleats" you can attach to any shoe? made of cork??

Back home in my previous whitewater career, I had felt soled booties ( a la fly fisherman), AND a pair of felt soled Alps River Runner sandals.
You can literally dash around and over on slippery, wet, mossy rocks no worries.
Like Posi-traction for your feet!
Far as I know, all the good sandal makers of the day have gone too corporate now, and the felt soles probably didn't make the cut.

Quote from: Dabigono on April 17, 2014, 09:38:47 PM
Good to hear you're going to be ok John!  Please get it stitched up

x2  AND Clean, irrigate, clean ,irrigate... make sure they get EVERYTHING outta those cuts mate!
Take care

Bucktail

They are not cork at all.  They are metal spikes that you strap onto your shoes or boots.
Just a jig-a-lo

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Glad you lived to tell us about your mishap.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

An old friend of mine told me that he liked to wrap burlap bags around his tennis shoes and then duct tape around the ankles. Never tried it myself.