Jetty nighmare!!!

Started by OSIRIS631, April 17, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

John, i'm glad you're ok...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 17, 2014, 10:54:30 PM
An old friend of mine told me that he liked to wrap burlap bags around his tennis shoes and then duct tape around the ankles. Never tried it myself.
This sounds like it might work.  I usually use cleats when I fish in NJ.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

John,
   Just tell me you weren't on Breezy Pt.?! That jetty has dunked and drown more people than I care to think about.  I fish right off Breezy a lot and have actually seen people enjoying a beautiful day until high tide and a swell come in and off they go.  Stay safe out there and I hope you didn't break your coccyx because I know what that feels like. :(
As the AT crew has convinced me I will advise the same... go to the doc so you don't get infected.  See I can learn more than how to crack open reels.
Feel better bud,
Dom

Capt Ahab

Yeah get some Korkers or even better shoes with built in spikes.

I fish jetties and have a love / hate relationship with them.  Getting to old to feel that frisky but when you get to "the" spot you can really catch.

Nuvole

Time for you to invest on a lure retriever.

OSIRIS631

Thank you all, for the kind words....and I am lucky.  Had a friend of mine about 15yrs ago.  Who went off that same jetty problem was he had on waders.  He did not make it back to his family.  I think he was looking out for me.... Santiago where ever you are  "Tight lines mate"
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on April 17, 2014, 10:17:39 PM
Ouch!

Only ouch if someone plants the bottom side on you. >:(

They work! For fly fishing I had one pair of plain felt-soled wading boots and another with screws inserted into the soles for for the green snot-rocks. #6 x 1/4 inch long stainless steel hex-head sheet metal screws - 4 in the heel and 7 in the sole. :)

John, glad to hear you're okay after that.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

floating doc

I'm glad you're home, and mostly in one piece. When I was a kid I would run flat out on jetty rocks.   :P. I lived at the beach whenever we were out of school, so I knew every step. Still, I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.

I have a pair of corkers, but found that i would slide on the dry rocks.
Central Florida

Alto Mare

This happened 3 1/2 month ago, does anybody know what happen to John (OSIRIS631) and if he's ok?
I haven't seen him around here lately :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

qvc   used to sell something very similar to korkers, they slid on your shoes so you wouldn't slip on the ice, they might still stock them.

floating doc

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 30, 2014, 07:50:54 PM
This happened 3 1/2 month ago, does anybody know what happen to John (OSIRIS631) and if he's ok?
I haven't seen him around here lately :-\.

I hope he's doing okay. I didn't notice the original posting date when I replied earlier.
Central Florida