Help to identify

Started by fsrmn, April 19, 2014, 01:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsrmn

Can anyone identify this reel? It looks like it says 14-4-N but I can't find a reference for that number. Any idea about how much it is worth? Thanks in advance.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

doradoben

Are you sure it doesn't say 114 H ??

fsrmn

I guess it could be a 114h. I emailed the guy selling it but he hasn't replied as of yet.

LTM

My monitor says:

(44-N or 144-N

Leo

Shark Hunter

I think its a regular Black 6/0 with a typo plate. I just looked at my 6/0 and the handle nut has the same numbers, The eccentric bolt has 23-60 on mine. I don't know of a 114H with black plates.
Life is Good!

john2244

Penn did make a few black side plate 114H reels.

John

Shark Hunter

I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than me to chime in. Why is the gibberish on the plate?
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

It's a 6/0 reel labeled 114-N.  I'm not sure what the "N" represents though. I'm guessing that it stands for black (negro) as the reel was produced right about the same error as the black or African American movement was building. That's my guesstimate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fsrmn

If it is just a 6/0, it probably isn't worth the $100 he is asking for it. I looks a bit corroded.  He has a Sealine 900 for the same price that doesn't seem as corroded.

Shark Hunter

I hate to admit it, but the 900h is a much better deal here.
Life is Good!

fsrmn

Actually, I was looking at the 900H all along. There doesn't seem to be many for sale in this area in the $100 price range. He had the senator for sale also and I couldn't place the model. I thought I might have stumbled on a rare find.

Ron Jones

Wish I had a profile shot, wouldn't that be cool if it was a prototype 114-Narrow! ;D ;D
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

See if you can get that guy to send you some more pictures of that mystery 6/0 Henry. You have sparked some interest up now! ;)
Of all the reels I have, I still don't have a 900h. I need to get one.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Ron

The only person lucky enough to get a Proto Type 114 N is Sal. He must pick them from the Clouds.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.