photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i don't know about you guys, but i thought this photo was particularly impressive.  nuvole, thank you very much!  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

It caught my eye too,great pic.

Nuvole

Surprisingly...it is a photo I've taken in a rush to seek help when I found that the four washer is not in the schematics.

Well, it all started with my usual old bad practice to strip any reels into the very minimum parts, soak them into kerosene, dry them up with rag, then air them for a couple of hours on paper napkin, while going to the challenging part looking for schematics to put them back in a piece.

This photo have no whatever copyright issue, and I'll be glad if anyone would make good use of it.

Cheers,

Arthur   

alantani

you know, for many guys, this would be their worst nightmare! ;D

Dave Bentley

Only believe that which you know to be true.

alantani

here's the september winner!

alantani

and a runner up!  note the photo on the laptop computer!

Martianfish

I think if the September picture was reversed (fish in mouth and banana in hand) that it would be a real awesome picture.

reelman76

alantani

there are some people that i can't help but admire!  may all of you wake some morning to discover that your reels out number her shoes!

Dave Bentley

"Dining room table"

very brave or single. More Power to you.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on October 29, 2010, 04:55:48 AM
there are some people that i can't help but admire!  may all of you wake some morning to discover that your reels out number her shoes!

Yeah, but waking and living long enough to tell about it is the hard part! :P

OK Dom, let's see your collection!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

wallacewt

only 2 eggbeaters!looks like a 850 penn and 1 other.man after my own heart ::)

broadway

Hey Rob and Crew,

Come Thanksgiving week I'm gonna get mom to post the "collection".  She can rock a computer, and I'll have plenty of time cause I have to be a good boy while mom visits... hope I can do without for 5 days ;) I'm still hoping to find the vintage 3/0 and the 113hl I've been looking for to complete it.  I'm sure plenty of you guys have a more extensive collection, but I've only done this since May...with all you guys to thank for it.  I was on a reel collectors site the other day, and saw 2 complete sets of black sideplated senators from 1/0 to 16/0 (ALL pre-1948) and for good measure he had the entire ocean city collection 1/0-16/0 (the ones that look just like the senators)...now that was impressive! Mine ain't there yet, but I can't wait to share my hard work and show you guys what a monster you created.  Thanks
Dom