New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Well there you go, I stand corrected! ;) I just wanted to point out that these were close to Keta Krank standards. I have reeled in a big fish with his and it was a pleasure! ;D
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Currently available:  (4) 116 and up handle arms and (4) 114H/115 handle arms

All 116+ handles have a 5/16" hole for the handle.  The others are available in 5/16", 3/16", and .236", which is common on aftermarket handles.  If you need a special size, let me know.  

Is anyone interested in a smaller version for the smaller reels, such as the 113h?  I was thinking 3 1/4" or maybe 3 1/2" center to center.  Thoughts?

Southernsharker

Do you have any more handles for the 10/0 if so ill take 1

ChileRelleno

Neither the supplied hex head screw nor the original Penn screw will fit.
Debating my options, finding another screw, turning the hex down or taking a round file to the appropriate indentation on the handle screw.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

John,
I just got four more of these from Adam. I went to check and mine fits fine.
One of the four is like yours. Its drilled a little too close. Bottom one.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

John and Daron, if you want to send the handles back, I'll exchange them. Otherwise I can send you a new screw that's been cut down if you prefer. Pm me.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Three se7ens on July 27, 2014, 04:29:50 PM
John and Daron, if you want to send the handles back, I'll exchange them. Otherwise I can send you a new screw that's been cut down if you prefer. Pm me.

Adam, I'll take the exchange, please & thank you.
PM sent.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I'm fine with it Adam. I'll work around it. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 27, 2014, 08:40:57 PM
I'm fine with it Adam. I'll work around it. ;)
My hero.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Daron,
   You, like Sal, probably do more things in a day than I do in a week.
I have to admit, I'm falling behind a bit on all these upgrades.
Adam, I like the hex head screws!
Dom

Shark Hunter

Dom,
I just try and plan one project at a time. I tore apart another 12/0 yesterday. It was majorly corroded. It took lots of polishing. Shaped up one of Adam's Handles, then got distracted rolling hot wheels down the driveway with my son. Grilled out some Ribeyes and fell asleep on the couch. I'll finish it when I get time. ;)
Life is Good!

Southernsharker

I ordered a 10/0 one from adam to daron when it comes in ill send my 10/0 to you i may have a second 10/0 to send to you also haha

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 28, 2014, 01:58:25 PM
Grilled out some Ribeyes and fell asleep on the couch. I'll finish it when I get time. ;)
See life is good.   :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Daron, I'm glad you still have time to eat ;)
Keep it up, pal
Dom

Shark Hunter

I tried something different on this spool. If it has heavy corrosion. Simple Green is the trick. Just needs a polishing. Turtle wax Chrome polish. This one was somewhere in the middle. I normally only use the Mothers wheel polish for buffing out handles, but just a soft rag and a little elbow grease did the trick on this one. Bling! ;)
Slapped it back together after work last night. Turned out Good! ;)
Life is Good!