New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

I adding some new designs for custom handles, and it got a couple of them finished up and cut today.

Top one is a 4 1/8" ctc handle I'll be putting on my 9/0.

The second one is a 3 3/4" ctc amberjack handle for Mike (maxpowers)

Shark Hunter

That AJ Handle is Sweet! Good Job Adam! ;)
Life is Good!

maxpowers

That's an awesome looking handle.  almost too pretty to fish.

Three se7ens

I've had some requests for the curved handle on the top of the pic, so here's the details. I'm going to put in an order next Monday, so I'd like to get an idea of how many to order.   Let's start a list here.

The handle is sized for the 114H/115 gear sleeve, and is 4 1/8" from the center of the gear sleeve to the center of the knob. Made from 3/16" thick 316 stainless, and will come in a raw finish as in the first pic. I will need to know what size hole for the knob you need. 3/16" or 5/16" are typical of Penn reels, but the handle I used on mine took a .236" hole.

Price will be $18 each plus shipping.

floating doc

Counting off!  ONE!!!!
Central Florida

anglingarchitect

Put me dow for one.

Mark Hartley

Three se7ens

I'm picking up 10 of the handles from the cutter on Friday. I'll have them ready to ship early next week.

floating doc

Bought the replacement reel tonight so I can finish my half frame 9/0! :D
Central Florida

Three se7ens

Well, the handle hole was .030" over on all of the handle arms I picked up last week.  They are being recut next week. In the mean time, I'm going to rework these to fit the 10/0 and up reels.  If you're interested, send me a PM. Price is the same. 

Three se7ens

Recut handles are in and they look fantastic.  I have 4 left that are not already spoken for. PM me if you're interested, and be sure to include what size handle hole you want.

Shark Hunter

I'll take two of them Adam for the 10/0 with a 5/16" handle hole.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 01, 2014, 12:06:09 AM
I'll take two of them Adam for the 10/0 with a 5/16" handle hole.

I'll have those out to you by the end of the week.  Could you take a measurement for the screw that locks the handle bolt in? 

For everyone else, I'll have a batch of these sized to fit 10/0 and up reels available after Daron confirms the fitment.

Shark Hunter

The stock penn handle screw is (23-60) 5-40 UNC (0.125 in dia.)
I quoted Tom (Irish Jigger on this) I sent Lee a PM to confirm.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 01, 2014, 02:41:48 AM
The stock penn handle screw is (23-60) 5-40 UNC (0.125 in dia.)
I quoted Tom (Irish Jigger on this) I sent Lee a PM to confirm.

Can you give me a center to center measurement from that screw to the main handle bolt?

I'm tapping these to 4-40 threads, and including a 316 stainless Allen head screw.

Shark Hunter

This is by no means a precise measurement, but it should do.
With my Mic on inches. Stock Handle. .375
Lees 2 hole arm. Same measurement. The 3 position is the same as well.
Life is Good!