100% Japanese Super Fluorocarbon Leader Line (10# -400#) In 25, 50, and 100 Yds

Started by Black Pearl, May 31, 2014, 03:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: Mac53 on July 09, 2015, 09:34:33 PM
Alan,

I have decided to take your fluorocarbon line down to the Tortugas and see how it performs.  I have always been a mono leader user but want to experience for myself how Fluorocarbon feels and responds to the challenges found in this fairly virgin fishing area.  Should be fun and a real good test of the qualities of this line.
I am placing an order on your website shortly.

Mac

Thank Mac!!!

Please let me know.

Mac53

I made up 10, 10 to 15 foot bottom rigs with the 50 lb fluorocarbon.  It is very pliable and much easier to put a serious 6 wrapped snell knot on the Owner 5178 #7 circle hooks I am using.  Tomorrow I'll snell wrap a half dozen circles with the 60 lb and see how that plays out.  There is always a lot of planning and things to do for these trips but you knew that!

Mac

Mac53

I snell wrapped 6 circle hooks using the 60 lb Flurocarbon.  This line is obviously thicker and therefore was not as easy to use.  It is still more pliable than 60 lb mono and admittedly I need to practice the snell a little more but once I get more experience I think it'll be fine.  So far so good but the real proof will be how it reacts under battle conditions! 

Mac

Black Pearl

Quote from: Mac53 on July 30, 2015, 10:55:00 PM
I snell wrapped 6 circle hooks using the 60 lb Flurocarbon.  This line is obviously thicker and therefore was not as easy to use.  It is still more pliable than 60 lb mono and admittedly I need to practice the snell a little more but once I get more experience I think it'll be fine.  So far so good but the real proof will be how it reacts under battle conditions! 

Mac

So, how are they performed under battle conditions?

Mac53

The trip I was looking at got cancelled so we are looking at another option.  Don't worry, I'll post up when I get back. 

Black Pearl

Quote from: Mac53 on August 23, 2015, 07:12:43 PM
The trip I was looking at got cancelled so we are looking at another option.  Don't worry, I'll post up when I get back. 

Any update??

alantani

alan, i took some more of your fluorocarbon in 80, 100 and 130, on my last trip to puerto vallarta with the osuna brothers.  roberto was telling me that they had no problems with the line that i left for them and that they really liked it.  that's probably one of the best endorsements i could ever imagine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Pearl

Quote from: alantani on March 26, 2017, 05:07:42 PM
alan, i took some more of your fluorocarbon in 80, 100 and 130, on my last trip to puerto vallarta with the osuna brothers.  roberto was telling me that they had no problems with the line that i left for them and that they really liked it.  that's probably one of the best endorsements i could ever imagine!

You endorsements will be good enough to me.

This fluoro line was introduced since 2013. I've had a lot of good views/testing result from customers/members. There are always the same  return customers/members for purchasing. I guess that it is like if a person has found a good fishing spot, and he does not want to share the info with anyone....

Thanks,
--Alan

Black Pearl

80# 50 yards spool is sold out. I can substitute 2 spools of 25 yards 80# for the same price.

I have 2 spools 100 yards 80# available, other # models are still available.

Black Pearl

50 yards and 100 yards spool for 80# are all sold out. New shipment should be arriving in 2 months.

Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Please check out this thread from theHullTruth which customers gave a very good feedback on this fluorocarbon line.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/10977334-post476.html

Swami805

I bought some in the lowers test, works flawless. Will be getting more when I run out, need a few other bits and pieces soon. Really nice floro
Do what you can with that you have where you are

alantani

Alan, the Osuna brothers have been using your fluoro for the last year and they have been very happy.  Danny is going to let know the final tally. I'd like to place an order as soon as he does. The 100 pound fluoro landed a 500 pound marlin after an 11 hour fight with drag settings up to 30 pounds. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rodless_Jim

Alan, I just heard about your fluoro...from Danny Osuna, of course. I'll be bringing him some gear when I next go to PV, and I am also going on a 16-day trip on Excel in April. I am interested in ordering some of your fluoro. I just tell you here? Or send a private message?