Old Daiwa spinning reel (emblem-x 1500TW) AR Dog spring

Started by Jayce, June 10, 2014, 01:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Hi Guys,

Please Help.

I was doing a rebuild of a old Daiwa spinning reel (emblem-x 1500TW).
It has an old AR Dog design (will try to post pictures tonight).

The spring suddenly jumped on the AR Dog before I can take a photo of the orientation of the spring for re-assembly.
Can anyone post a picture on how the spring is mounted on the AR Dog on old daiwa spinning reels.
Its a small reel mostly for freshwater bass or panfish fishing.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

If you can post a pic of the reel -- someone should be able to help.

I have a lot of factory service manuals, and a lot of old Daiwa reels --

Sometimes these can stump a guy when they come off wrong -- shouldn't be too hard (famous last words).

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

It looks good to me. It is working correctly now?

The spring is a friction ring that keeps tension on the anti-reverse bearing so it won't go backwards on you. It moves the plastic piece you are showing in the right direction to keep pressure on the roller bearings inside the clutch bearing.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Jayce

not working properly  :(

When I have a fish on I can hear it clicking
I was thinking I installed the plastic part wrong or the spring

Not sure how to correctly put the spring since it jumped the first time I opened the reel.

The schematic that came with it was wrong and was showing a different reel.

Jayce

Hi thedw,

I seen that also.

Mine dont have the "claw" that the wire will catch.
Cant find the right schematic or even a model with the same design.

johndtuttle

Gonna try and give you some help based on "basic principals" on how the spring is intended to work...

There are two "lips" on the spring. One at the base of the circular portion is to position the spring around a hub/housing. That first lip keeps it from rotating.

The second longer lip (arm really) is the one that should interact with the plastic bit over the AR bearing to keep it in tension. If you puzzle out those two interactions it should fit only one way.

The other appears to be the lever that moves it in and out of position.

Hope this helps. More and clearer pictures would help us too. :)