D.A.M. Quick 110N -- Bullet Proof Little Microlite

Started by foakes, June 28, 2014, 01:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Sorry, Soren --

Photobucket is holding 2500 of my pics hostage --

This thread has over 37,000 hits -- so I will repopulate the photos at some point when time allows.

In the meantime, if you need any specific pics or information about Quicks -- I would be more than happy to add to this thread.  And can post new pics.

Glad you got a good one -- they are very high quality reels, IMO.

Rebuilding (6) today -- just finished an order of (9) yesterday.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Soren Bredberg

Thank you Fred. Looks like you have hands full.

Soren

happyhooker

Sometimes it's hard to put into words why a person gets more satisfaction working on or fishing with some of the older reels.

I like fishing enough where, here in Minn., when it's down to 32 degrees even in September or May, I'll fish with an old Zebco 33 spincaster simply because you then can fish with gloves on no problemo.  Heresy?  Maybe, but even this old spincaster has heritage; lots of kids started with 'em and there was a pro bass guy a few years ago that intentionally fished with one to honor this particular, and maybe lowly, reel.

My first reel was a buck ninety-nine early 1960s baitcaster that I finally learned to cast w/o backlashes; my Mom & Dad had four kids and between us, that was all that the old pocketbook could afford.  Don't know why the early backlashes and black braided fishing line didn't sour me on fishing forever.  Might be because, despite all that, I somehow managed to catch a little trout (I don't know what kind it was) on that reel and a cheap rod out of the Yellowstone River in the greatest of all fishing holes, Yellowstone Nat'l. Park.  I remember that like it happened yesterday, even though it's been better than 50 yrs.

So, that's what it must be for me.  Being outdoors in God's Country; using when I can classic or homemade tackle that was made for FISHING, not just so someone could make a quick dollar; knowing someone put pride and workmanship into an item to give it that little something special.  For some people, it's classic cars, old pocketwatches, old warbird airplanes; for me, it's fishing gear with that extra bit of history.

festus

Very useful information on DAM Quicks.  l still have a 220 l got for my 16th birthday in 1969.  Still looking for a DAM Quick 110 if the price is right. 

Shark Hunter

I hear you Happy Hooker.
I have many fond memories fishing with a Zebco 202.
When I got a 33, I was in Hog Heaven!
Some 25 years ago when I first got married, my Wife missed a nice smallmouth on Dale Hollow lake.
She was using a 404. Big smallies are hard to catch on any rig.
I will never forget that Big fish jumping right next to the boat and shook for all it was worth and spit that Jig right out.
She thought she needed something bigger.
What she needed was to keep that line tight.
I bought her a 808 anyway. ;)
I miss those times.
Life is Good!

happyhooker

My wife's got the biggest walleye & crappie in the family; I'm on top for a largemouth & northern.  We have fun.

Frank

Gfish

Reels I coveted as a kid fisherman, but but never could afford, back in the sixties: Quick 110, Mitchell Garcia 308 and Zebco 33 spincaster. Took me forever it seemed, to stop using that cheap stuff from japan, and finally get a M.G 300 for X-mas.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

I suspect a lot of kids eyes would have lit up with a Mitchell 300 under the tree for them.

Rivverrat

Quote from: happyhooker on August 28, 2017, 02:55:45 AM
I suspect a lot of kids eyes would have lit up with a Mitchell 300 under the tree for them.

Mine did !
In my mind & small world at the time it was reel Nirvana. It was all the reel that was needed to catch whatever was swimming in the well over 15 ponds that were a short walk or bike ride away from the house.  a Mitchell 302, with out relizing it, was my first ever River Monster Reel. It some how survived survived my abuse. Grandpa hollering " Stop trying to reel fish in with that ! Use your pole dammit ! "  

I soon learned my assumption that just because it said Saltwater on the side plate did not mean it was up to catching everything that swam in salt water. Heck it didnt even do that great a job dragging snapping turtles to the bank so I could put an end to these miserable creatures. As a kid I hated them.... How things change given time.... Jeff

mo65

Good grief...finally found this thread! I knew I had seen a Quick 110 breakdown stickied here somewhere. Could a Mod move this one to the Dam Quick forum please? 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Some of us just get to ramblin' & swappin' stories and forget we ought to be more attentive to the formalities, I guess.

Frank

larry3142

Hey Fred I think you need to get more parts it looks like you might be getting a little low  LOL  Thanks for being you Fred your the man!

wvh2000

Really love my little 110n. Would even like it better if i could find the parts to fix it, lol.... if anybody knows where to find parts for it, i'd greatly appreciate it...

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Welcome, wvh200, to the site.  Lots of folks here like DAM Quicks.  Some have parts, some know where to get 'em.  I can appreciate your wanting to keep that 110N in good order.

Frank (from Minnesota)