D.A.M. Quick 110N -- Bullet Proof Little Microlite

Started by foakes, June 28, 2014, 01:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Whoa dude!, Fred to the rescue! Thanks buddy. One thing for sure though, there's absolutly no hurry. Eventually I'll have a good Microlite, thanks in no small part to you, but don't see me using it in the near future. At least untill I can find a "vintage" fenwick rod for it. Looks like someone did put a standard lockwasher in there to cover the stripped threads.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Where can you find drag washers for the 110,,,,, ;D

Rivverrat

Benni, this is a reel you need. Cant remember if you have one if you dont let me know & one will be on it's way. They can a little work to get the line lay right. But they are well worth the effort.

I'd love to see you wear one out. Or try. Even if you dont use it all the time it would make a fantastic back up to have on hand when wetting lines... Jeff

Blagsy

I took the spool apart to oil, but I can't seem to put the washers back in the order needed. There are 5, and apparently mixed them up. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Mary

Wompus Cat

Do you have the Schematic for your 110 ? Reel
If not try this  and you can see how it goes together and Welcome to the site.

Just click on this file a few times to enlarge it .

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

If you look at the schematic you will see only 4 Parts Total in the original Configuration that is including the Red Knob.
So if you have five washers then somebody put extra pieces in there but should not really cause and reassembly probs .
If you can not get the spool assembly to lock down or screw back together make sure the Dog is in place in the Gear on Bottom of Spool assembly .

Wompus Cat

Here is the Schematic for the 110N and it Does have more parts to it  but the same holds true for the bottom gear  engagement.

Balvar24

Thanks for the Parts Diagrams.  I finally cleaned one of these up today that had been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years.  Going to stick it on a 7' light action spinning rod, maybe use it for drop shot fishing.  I've been buying those $20 Shakespeare Microlite rods.  May use it when the hybrid are running in a few weeks.

The only thing I don't care for on these little reels, is the noise the AR makes.  It sounds like one of those ratcheting screwdrivers with the big plastic ball handles.

But when the AR is off, man is this thing smooth and quiet.