Avet Sx880 rod?

Started by Big Tim, July 25, 2014, 02:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Avet SX880 Rod...Anyone ever used one of these rods. I read Tom at Seeker had some input on the rods? I picked one up today at Big 5 for $20 as it had a broken tip. It is rated at 15-40 but seems a little stiff. Looks like a size 9 perfection tip will fit and I got a cheap Iron rod.

Tim

alantani

ha!!!!!  maybe it's a little stiff because it used to be 12 inches longer!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on July 25, 2014, 04:22:10 AM
ha!!!!!  maybe it's a little stiff because it used to be 12 inches longer!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Comedian's we all are  ;D ;D ;D It was just the tip insert that was bad. The rod is full length  ;D

alantani

just replace the tip.  at $20, you can't to wrong!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I was going to take this comment somewhere else, but quickly realized that it was you boss, so I let it go ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

heckrazr

I picked up that very same rod and to be honest with you, it has become my favorite all around 8'er for all kinds of conditions and targets. With my squidders on it I can outcast most either on shore or boat. Same with Jigmasters and Diawa 50's. 
It has landed small sharks, halibut, white seabass, yellowtail and even a 60 cowcod (released of course)

Mine has a deckhand grip which I love.

The guides suck though. Lost 2 inner rings and the one in the tip. Replaced and life is grand!

Dave
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon