Reel Service Bonus

Started by Tightlines667, July 25, 2014, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Just finished a rush job on a 130ST that got worked over pretty good by a nice Blue.  In return I was given a bonus...fresh Blue Marlin steaks(from said fish).

A little lime juice, Hawaiian Sea Salt mix (Ginger, garlic, cracked sea salt, and pepper) on the Marlin and 12mins on the grill.

A side medley of Sweet mini pepers, green pepers, home grown cherry tomatoes, Maui sweet onions, capers, mini artichoke hearts, some lemon juice, butter, and a bit of Italian dressing salt and pepper.. Wrapped up in a tin foil packet on the grill...makes a nice topping.

And a side of fried garlic potatoes Obrien...

Good eats.

The marlin is a bit chewy, but had a wonderful flavor, as it was treated well and was very fresh.

One of the great side bonuses of running a fishing reel repair buisness here in HI...I often get a bit of fresh fish.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

Yum!
Pics have my mouthwatering, the vegetable medley almost sounds better than the Marlin.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

I agree on the chewiness of marlin, but it has more flavor than cooked tuna.  Thanks for inviting us to dinner.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

I've had smoked blue marlin & it was excellent. Would like to catch one myself one day.

Rgds

Mark 
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton