Daiwa SL50 & Grandwave 40/50 Anti-Reverse Bearing installation Tutorial

Started by seriola, July 26, 2014, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seriola

Daiwa SL50 & Grandwave 40/50 Anti-Reverse Bearing installation Tutorial

This is a very easy and very effective upgrade.

Importantly-

This installation will alleviate the off-axis movement of the drive shaft during pressurised use.

Prolonging your gear life through prohibiting uneven gear meshing and therefore wear, when under load.
Aswell as providing an alternative Anti-reverse mechanism.  ;)

seriola

seriola

The new drag stack arrangement exploded.

CapeFish

Very impressive, I have often wondered if this was possible, now I know. Thanks for posting

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jaypeegee

I guess this can be applied to the SL20SH as well?

What say ye ?

seriola

;D -

Im Glad to see that the installs have been enjoyed - Thanks for the compliments.

JaypeeGee - great thinking on you part in connection with the SL20/30 option. Im sure that it will be possible.

After having a look at SoCal's 5th pic from the top of his post I cannot see any reason why it would not work.
A measurement or two needs to be made to compare the dimensions of the driveshaft holes between the SL50 sideplate and the Smaller SL20 sideplate.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10526.0

I think they will be the same  - unfortunately I cannot compare as I parted with my small SL reels along time ago for the small Grandwave reels.

If and when you try it have a look at the schematics ,it looks like the drag stacks are very similar in layout between the larger and the smaller reels , so thats a plus.
Please - Let us know how it goes .

TX again

jaypeegee

Totally will.  Also thank you for the detailed post here and at sealine . esp on the mag assembly creation.