My small Penn collection grows-Thank you all for the help

Started by Big Tim, July 27, 2014, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Been fishing my whole life, mainly central coast of California and the freshwater getaways in the Sierras... My love is old stuff, and the coast, so it would be fair to say that this is a place where I can explore all my interests in fishing and collecting. I sold many old Penn reels to finance a Long Range fishing trip only to find out I needed to keep and upgrade my old gear >:( >:( >:( I am keeping the right gear for big fish but I am going back to my roots. This is a small Penn collection that I have either built or at the least refurbished...Thanks for all the help  ;D ;D ;D They don't have to be pretty to fish. Only functional.

OK, sometimes they need to beautiful as well  ;D ;D ;D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

Man, that last set up is down right SEXY!
Thanks for showing,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Indeed! Love those gold rollers. Stuarts? Is that a profile rod? I might have asked this before. I saw that picture when you showed us a Bantam reel as well.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Nice Tim...it's not the size, but the quality of your awesome collection.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marcq

Big Tim

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm working on the Jigmasters and Surfmaster for rock cod fishing in a few weeks. I'm going to make the boys fish old school style and make them like it  ;D ;D ;D

Keta

Shallow rockfish, a Surfmaster 100, deep rockfish and lingcod a 501 width Surfmaster 250 or Jigmaster 501.  Jigmaster and Surfmaster 250 side plates are interchangeable.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on July 29, 2014, 01:54:09 AM
Shallow rockfish, a Surfmaster 100, deep rockfish and lingcod a 501 width Surfmaster 250 or Jigmaster 501.

I guess I'm just about covered then Lee...2-500's with upgrades...Surfmaster 200... 112H 1/2 Tanked (like me)...And waiting on parts for the 505HS  ;D ;D ;D Should be fun...We fish 240' and under...California >:( >:( >:(