Titus 15L drag washer?

Started by DanteV, August 13, 2014, 04:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanteV

Figured I'd add one more reel to the bag for my 4-day next weekend.. I wanted to do the bearings and remove the level-wind. All went well until I got to the drag.. where can I get a carbon drag for this? The washer appears to be keyed. If I can't get one in time it won't be the end of the world but would be nice..

Okuma?
Smoothdrag? (I didn't see one on their website)

DanteV

A call to Okuma said no-go on the carbon washer..

Porthos

Think this is what you need...seem to recall that the washer has a metal backing plate...whether you have time to do it is another matter.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2630.0

DanteV

I'll look into that after my trip. For now the existing drag washer will have to do.. that's a cool video, thanks for posting that up!

Bryan Young

Hi Dante,

What is the OD, ID and the OD with tabs on that reel.  That looks like a TLD washer may fit.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DanteV

Bryan I'll check soon as I get back from my trip.. that fix will be on the top of the hit list!

jonnou

Have just done  titus 20L cut from sheet  with aviation tin snips, file and sandpaper
I split the old washer to use as a spacer as it is very thick and the pressure plate doesnt have enough travell
This was my solution others may have different ideas
Just waiting on a handle for this
ps I removed the level wind and plugged hole with a 2 part epoxy cement (Knead it)
Hope this either helps or starts a disscussion on how it should be done right

Best Jon