Salmon Salad Tacos

Started by Steve-O, August 15, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

While drooling over the Fish Tacos in the next recipe I took matters into my own hands and mouth.

Anytime we grill salmon and there's leftovers, I will whip it up into salmon salad. YUM! Salmon can be subbed with your fav species.

The Salmon Salad = Grilled or our own canned Salmon, coarse or finely flaked mixed with mayo and relish or chow chow in this case and let sit overnight in fridge to set up.

Taco shells or tortillas - here, I'm having Spinach Tortillas, quartered as it was like 14 inch diameter.

Spoon on the salad, add slices of avocado and mango, drizzle with your favorite condiments.

I like both sweet and heat so today it's a combo of Cran-Peno sauce plus a little cocktail/horseradish sauce I blended up.

Squeeze a Key Lime or lemon over it, roll it up and enjoy.

Repeat as needed. ;D

erikpowell

While fresh salmon doesn't exist in my neck of the woods, canned does. In fact there's some in the pantry for the missus  ;D

This looks good, I'm gonna give it a go Steve-O ... though will probably have to substitute cumquat for the key lime.

Thanks!

Steve-O

Works with any fish. Just to clarify....the "canned" salmon I'm using is self caught from Alaska.

When September approaches and it's time for the next trip up there we pressure cook and bottle up all the salmon in the freezer. Adds significant shelf life and makes room in the freezer for the new batch of fillets.

This month I will fire up the smoker for the last few fillets.