Morrum M3600c

Started by unclebass, August 15, 2014, 11:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclebass

I'm cleaning/lubing a Morrum M3600C. I can't get the nylon gear that drives the levelwind off. Seems like it should just pull off? Thanks in advance. Bob

GulfOfBothnia

unclebass

Not that one, it's a nylon gear seated on a pin on the frame that engages with the worm gear drive.  P/N 23263

foakes

The nylon idler/intermediate gear #23263 -- should just come right off (I could be wrong on this).  There is no "C/E" clip that I know of, and unlike some of the Wal-Mart, Kmart, Cabelas, and Bass Pro Abus that were more cheaply manufactured for a lower price point -- the morrum m3600c is a well made and high quality reel.  Some of these cheaper reels have a "click clip" built into the nylon idler gear that snaps into place to save a few pennies -- that is not true on the morrum m3600c.  Unlike most Abus, this idler gear is on the head side, and is designed to be the weak link in order to protect the more expensive gearing and levelwind mechanisms.

Is it turning freely?  Or frozen?  Either way, a small screwdriver under the gear should pop it off.  

If these little baitcasters are used in salt, sometimes the salt will dry close to this gear -- giving the impression that they are stuck.

Inspect it carefully for any gouges, bent teeth, or other issues that may cause a problem later.  This is a inexpensive part that needs replacing periodically -- since it does so much work, and is designed to fail for the protection of the reel.

Let us know if this works, and good luck...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

unclebass

It turns fine and I assumed it "popped" off but I didn't want to force it. I came right off with a little force. Thanks guys.................