"Ventage" Penn Challange

Started by Keta, August 25, 2014, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I can't find the thread disguising the Jigmaster challenge so I'll start a new one.

I have the 500/501 reels but would rather fish the Challenge with a 349H.  Can we expand it by adding 113H and 349's to the list or will I be forced to fish one of my tricked out 501's?   ;D

BTW, My hand is improving rapidly thanks to a wonderful therapist and pushing it hard by me. I can feel my ring and little finger again, I have some grip and I'm not dropping things as much.  During the 2014 trip I was experiencing a lot of pain, no strength in my left hand and could not feel 2 fingers.  I was afraid I would loose a rod over the side and could not deal with the fish without the help of my friend, Mr. Two Speed.  I also pulled a "Allen" and left my 349's in a reel bag on my shop floor.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

floating doc

Very good to hear your hand continues to improve. Keep working at it.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

Glad to see you're finally on the mend.  ;)
Feel good pal,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on August 25, 2014, 06:18:03 PM

BTW, My hand is improving rapidly thanks to a wonderful therapist and pushing it hard by me. I can feel my ring and little finger again, I have some grip and I'm not dropping things as much.  
She must be a good looking woman.  Post pics.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Hmmmm......
A Jigmaster challenge or a Penn challenge? There must be rules in any contest: :-\

For a Jigmaster challenge:
Rule #1  Reel must be based on a 500 or 501
Rule #2  USA-made only
Rule #3  No more rules ;D

For a Penn challenge:
Rule #1  Single speed Penns only, made in USA
Rule #2  No Penn Internationals
Rule #3  ???

Who's next?
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Aiala

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on August 26, 2014, 12:42:25 AM
Hmmmm......
A Jigmaster challenge or a Penn challenge? There must be rules in any contest: :-\

For a Jigmaster challenge:
Rule #1  Reel must be based on a 500 or 501
Rule #2  USA-made only
Rule #3  No more rules ;D

For a Penn challenge:
Rule #1  Single speed Penns only, made in USA
Rule #2  No Penn Internationals
Rule #3  ???

Who's next?

I like the Penn challenge, it seems all-inclusive. Jigmasters, Squidders, Senators, whatever. And, since this would be a "vintage" contest, how about no fluorocarbon or braid, just straight mono?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

doradoben

Rob posted some rules, but I'm not sure that I understand. ??? Is this challenge, catch the biggest fish, win all of the liquor? ;)

Big Tim

I'm pretty sure it won't matter what you all bring or what the rules are as I plan on winning anyway  ;D :P ;D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: doradoben on August 26, 2014, 01:38:42 AM
Rob posted some rules, but I'm not sure that I understand. ??? Is this challenge, catch the biggest fish, win all of the liquor? ;)

I dunno. Ask Lee or Big Tim. I don't make the contests, I just make the rules. Yeah, right. ::)  Don't I wish.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on August 26, 2014, 01:03:00 AM

I like the Penn challenge, it seems all-inclusive. Jigmasters, Squidders, Senators, whatever. And, since this would be a "vintage" contest, how about no fluorocarbon or braid, just straight mono?   :)

~A~

I could go with mono or Dacron but not 100% mono.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

jigmasters?  ppppffffftttttt !!!  now, zebco versus rhino.  that would be a contest!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Hmm...
a hotrodded sleeper Zebco
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

:D Check out my tanked 33 Classic! ;D

Life is Good!

Big Tim

I like the all mono for sure...Nothing over 30#  ;D ;D ;D I know I once landed a 28# Halibut on 20# mono on a Penn 209 with an ol' Fenwick E glass rod