Last years 113H project

Started by Jerseymic, August 26, 2014, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I don't think its going to make that much of a difference. You can always scuff them up a little with emery cloth. I think once you crank down on that star with a fish on. That polish is going to be gone.
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

I don't know if I was right or wrong to polish the washers, I thought it would make the drag smoother (I am still learning)

For the fishing I do here  heavy drag is not necessary, I am looking for smoothness.

I will go with whatever you guys suggest for a smooth drag.

Mike.

Alto Mare

Quote from: basto on August 28, 2014, 03:46:23 AM
I`m with Marlinmate on this one. I think you will need a matt finish on the metal drag washers if you are going to grease the HT100.
There is a very simple solution Basto, try them for yourself and put the speculation to rest ;) ;D.
While you're at it, put a couple of delrin washers in there, one under the gear and one on top of the stack, just under the last metal washer.
I'm betting you'll get the same drag numbers, but only smoother ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

cwillis85

Polishing the washers should work fine, a cars rotors should be as polished as posible to keep braking smooth, should apply to drag washers as well. I just did an under gear delrin and made a 1/2" tall delrin sleeve spacer to replace the metal spacer sleeve on my 114. I had to use the original spacer plus two additional thick washers after changing from asbestos to ht100 washers. Drag numbers haven't changed and now I can crank it to lock down with little effort. Great find Sal, will be changing everything to delrin in the next few days.
Chris

Keta

I flatten my washers on a stone that leaves them smooth.  Smooth washers make a smoother drag.  I roughed up some and tested them and didn't see much if any difference.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jerseymic

Thanks guys,

I will leave them polished for a smooth drag.

Mike.