OCD Reel Service and Repair

Started by broadway, September 06, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Just wanted to let you guys know that I had Keith service my Shimano Conquest for me.  I'm a Penn guy with big fingers and thought I'd leave this one up to the pros. 
Keith made my baby sing a beautiful song for me when she arrived.  The song of new bearings, lubrication, and that lil' extra TLC I wasn't able to give her.
I use this reel for everything... stripers, fluke, porgy, sea bass, blues, albies, and anything else that'll bite my hook.
Not only did he do a great job, but hooked me up with some goodies too. ;)
Another bonus for me was that he jumped on it for me so I would have my baby ready for the striper migration and Albie/Bonito bite.
He kept me in the loop the whole time and let me know the diagnosis, his recommendations, and shipping schedule.
Thanks Keith, much appreciated!
Dom

Cone

Dom, I've never met Keith personally but he has a great reputation here. Everyone who has had a reel serviced by him raves about the job he does. I don't think anyone would do wrong by letting him service their reels. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

handi2

Thank you Bob..!

I had a very strict father who always told me "Don't do it at all if you're not gong to do it right".

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Dominick

Handi, it sounds like Broadway Dom listened to your father.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I subscribe to the same theory.... Your dad was/is a smart man.
Tested the reel out today on some fluke, skates, and the dreaded dog fish. I lost about a 5 lb. fluke at the boat but that was because we were drifting with the engines on and I tried to get him between them (catamaran boat). He must have touched something that scared the crap out of him because he took off like a bat outta hell and shook off. We still got a keeper for the table and no other misses. Sun was gleaming, seas were flat and I was with my favorite crew... My bro, niece(9 y/o) and my nephew (7 y/o).
Thanks Keith,
Dom
Ps- my fiancé, Kim couldn't make it but she's part of my favorite crew, too! ;)