alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial OCD Reel Service and Repair
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 12, 2018, 01:13:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OCD Reel Service and Repair  (Read 21720 times)
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« on: September 06, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

Just wanted to let you guys know that I had Keith service my Shimano Conquest for me.  I'm a Penn guy with big fingers and thought I'd leave this one up to the pros. 
Keith made my baby sing a beautiful song for me when she arrived.  The song of new bearings, lubrication, and that lil' extra TLC I wasn't able to give her.
I use this reel for everything… stripers, fluke, porgy, sea bass, blues, albies, and anything else that'll bite my hook.
Not only did he do a great job, but hooked me up with some goodies too. Wink
Another bonus for me was that he jumped on it for me so I would have my baby ready for the striper migration and Albie/Bonito bite.
He kept me in the loop the whole time and let me know the diagnosis, his recommendations, and shipping schedule.
Thanks Keith, much appreciated!
Dom
Cone
Firearms Group

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:41:30 PM »

Dom, I've never met Keith personally but he has a great reputation here. Everyone who has had a reel serviced by him raves about the job he does. I don't think anyone would do wrong by letting him service their reels. Bob

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD
handi2
Sensei

OCD Reel Service and Repair

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:32:21 AM »

Thank you Bob..!

I had a very strict father who always told me "Don't do it at all if you're not gong to do it right".

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »

Handi, it sounds like Broadway Dom listened to your father.   Grin Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »

I subscribe to the same theory.... Your dad was/is a smart man.
Tested the reel out today on some fluke, skates, and the dreaded dog fish. I lost about a 5 lb. fluke at the boat but that was because we were drifting with the engines on and I tried to get him between them (catamaran boat). He must have touched something that scared the crap out of him because he took off like a bat outta hell and shook off. We still got a keeper for the table and no other misses. Sun was gleaming, seas were flat and I was with my favorite crew... My bro, niece(9 y/o) and my nephew (7 y/o).
Thanks Keith,
Dom
Ps- my fiancé, Kim couldn't make it but she's part of my favorite crew, too! Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: