Leaning towards the dark side

Started by Big Tim, September 07, 2014, 12:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Now the journey to the Dark Side is complete  ;D ;D ;D I got to go Rod shoppin' now!!!

johndtuttle

Nice reels for the coin. Pretty much GTG out of the box to fish, just get some corrosion-x or other on the line roller and handle and go get it wet!

Oh, some line may be good :)

Big Tim

OK the power of the dark side is GREAT! I walked outside to the street in front of my house to test my new rod and reel...I'm OK I said that Truck is 4 houses away (about 200 ft +) and I only have a 1oz. weight. Yup first cast straight at the Truck!!! No freakin' thumb brake on a Spinning Reel ... And she clears the truck  ;D ;D ;D Quickly Tim...Reel and go inside before you hurt something  ;D ;D ;D

johndtuttle

Ok, Tim LOL...not gonna lie...

I went outside to give a flip with my Conflict with a 1oz weight too a few months back and should have known better  :o.

Seriously, a backhanded flip went about 50 yards and bounced off the neighbors fence, phew, no damage. :)

The combination of density of the weight, braid and total lack of wind resistance of the combo leads to a shocking result in distance.

Just imagine how far you can huck a 1oz Castmaster or Deadly Dick :D.

Aiala

Quote from: Big Tim on September 20, 2014, 08:02:39 PM
Quickly Tim...Reel and go inside before you hurt something  ;D

Yup... Sinker + 80 mph + windshield = Oh, <BLEEP!!!>  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Big Tim

I need practice or I will be dangerous...My son watched it all and rolled in the street laughing  ;D ;D ;D and pointing  ;D ;D ;D And saying "You shouda seen the look on your face!"

MFB

I'm now at the stage of my life that before I do anything I think "how could this possibly end badly?" But this was not always so ;D

Rgds

Mark 
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Ron Jones

The Navy taught me to do that to, unfortunatly for them I quite often decide that the worst outcome is the best course of action! ;D
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Quote from: MFB on September 20, 2014, 08:53:37 PM
I'm now at the stage of my life that before I do anything I think "how could this possibly end badly?" But this was not always so ;D

Rgds

Mark 

Mark, the only thing I was thinking as that 1oz. projectile was flying towards the rear window of my neighbors Chevy Avalanche... "Oh SH :o" And like You & John & everyone else...I should know better  ;D
Tim