Post up your Kayaks!

Started by coastal_dan, September 08, 2014, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Quote from: Steve-O on September 11, 2014, 04:54:50 AM
CoastalDan,

Like your rig. How stable is it? My cobra fish n dive was 36" beam and would not tip or roll no matter how crazy you got. My Ocean Kayak is about a third less stable but I keep myself centerlined usually. There's a local hobie yak sale for $950 ..the Hank Parker angler edition. Emailed the seller...still waiting. Have heard the early model pre09 had hull cracking issues near the drive mount. Any issues with yours?

I have an 08 and no issues, and I have the turbo fins as well as the sailing rudder.  The Outback is crazy stable and I truly enjoy pedaling it around.  Here is my newest addition as of last night.  I sold my larger unit and went with a gunwale mount and the molded in transducer compared to the Arm mount.

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

willybendit

Hi Lads  ive a few mate`s  that fish from yaks  the lads have caught blue dogs and common skate from them ive just returned from two weeks holiday where the lad`s  caught skate to over 180lbs  the best that i know of was 208lbs caught two three years ago now  not right sure how to post pictures on here now ill have a go   you can read all about the trips we have up scotland  skate fishing      by going onto you tube  and putting   (Castle Lozz)  or   (  willybendit )  tight lines  Lads         

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

Impressive Skate! That would make some primo Shark Bait! ;)
Life is Good!

willybendit

Happy   new year  to one and ALL      check this out   another of my kayaking mates  

heckrazr

My Stealth 14
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

Three se7ens

Just recently picked up a Perception Pescador 120 when Academy Sports.  Had it out a few times, and it handles great.  I wanted something relatively narrow that was easy to cover distance with.  We regularly get tide swings of 11-12 feet between low and high, and it can make for some fast moving water in the creeks. 

Gfish

Nice fish bag Three se7ens, wish I had ona those. I made one oudda the high-grade bubble wrap my yak came wraped in, it's ok I guess.
This is Ting-ting(wife's chinese name). 2014, 12ft. Hobbie Outback. Only some slight mods., such as a rod holder directly behind the seat so I can pull out my "weapon" over my shoulder like a samurai. I really love this boat, it produces a freedom from all the land-based b.s., like nothing else I do. No license, no registration( except for the e-prib with the coast guard) no trailer and lots a fun exercise. The Mirage Drive + finger rudder control are indespensable for reef/surf fishing. I've broken 2 of the pedals so far(fortunately, while still under warranty). Better pictures when I get back home to the island and to the 2nd great love of my life. I will soon be getting a trolling motor that fits into the mirage drive well, as I just don't have the stamina I used to, and am suffering some muscle/bone/connective tissue problems.

Floating Doc, the Slayer 13 is driven by a propeller which is actuated by a bicycle-chain-gear like drive, which is, unlike the hobbie peddals, immediately reversible.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Here's ours --

Wilderness Systems -- 12' Pungos.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JRD

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i.  7 rod holders on the kayak, two on the seat.  Hummingbird Matrix Sounder / gps with through hull puck.  Plumbed for a bait tank with through hill pick up and shut off valve.  This is the fastest, stable and comfortable long distance kayak out there I'm it's day.  Great at surfing also.

harsonly

Quote from: willybendit on October 02, 2014, 08:51:17 AM
Hi Lads  ive a few mate`s  that fish from yaks  the lads have caught blue dogs and common skate from them ive just returned from two weeks holiday where the lad`s  caught skate to over 180lbs  the best that i know of was 208lbs caught two three years ago now  not right sure how to post pictures on here now ill have a go   you can read all about the trips we have up scotland  skate fishing      by going onto you tube  and putting   (Castle Lozz)  or   (  willybendit )  tight lines  Lads         

The video is just crazy

CapeFish

Quote from: willybendit on October 02, 2014, 08:51:17 AM

Epic fishing, that looks like a Kaskazi kayak?

Three se7ens

Picked this up a few weeks back.  Feelfree Moken 12.5.  Very stable, but also very heavy.  Only a little slower in the water than my Pescador 120 was, but far better to fish from.  The standing platform is really convenient, and the seat is quite comfortable too. 

David Hall

[/quote]

With fishing like that it makes me wonder why on earth would my ancestors leave Scotland to go to the new world?  I just don't get it?

Gfish

Some better pictures of "Ting ting" my kayak from several posts back. I recently bought an electric trolling motor, battery and control unit, all integrated and the motor's specially designed to fit down and lock into the mirage drive well.
5 mph at full speed, the control unit gives me % power remaining, speed, and cruise time left at present speed, as well as error codes. She looks somewhat crowded: 5 rod holders, lunch cooler, bait n' fish holder with ice(below deck storage) peddle drive for exercise and just in case I run outta electric power, paddle, fish spear for big 'uns, hand water pump and tackle storage in circular hatchs, and way too MANY lanyards for everything.
Five rods lets me change tactics without cutting & tying on new rigs, which can be difficult unless there's pretty calm seas. Retiring the motor for the day and installing the peddle drive's a little hairy too.
Tough 2 weeks: one little pink snapper, broken rudder shear pin(on this one, paddling is the only option with no rudder control), broken peddle fin today, etc., etc. Still fun though!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!