Calstar 700ML for me

Started by Jon Vadney, September 09, 2014, 03:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

I haven't been able to build one for myself for a while now with all I've got goin on.  This rod has taken a couple months but I needed to sit down and hammer it out.  I'm bringing this on my 9day that leaves Nov 1st.  I know a 700ML isn't a normal part of the arsenal for a 9day at that time of year, but with this year being as screwy as it's been, I'm bringing everything.  I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up traveling 400 miles north to fish for crab and rockfish lol.

Here's the component list: Calstar 700ML, fuji alconite bmnag's, Forecast easy-tite reel seat (these are badass seats, i love them and am using them on 3 more rods that I'm bringing on my trip).

wallacewt

Newell Nut

Very nice work and you should like the rod flex. I have fun with my 700L but I think a ML may suit me a little better when I get a big amberjack on the line. Caught one Tuesday on the L and it was loaded up pretty good. I have not broken a Calstar yet but have managed to break two Seekers.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Newell Nut on September 10, 2014, 10:00:16 PM
Very nice work and you should like the rod flex. I have fun with my 700L but I think a ML may suit me a little better when I get a big amberjack on the line. Caught one Tuesday on the L and it was loaded up pretty good. I have not broken a Calstar yet but have managed to break two Seekers.

Over the years I have only broken one rod and it was a Calstar.  I was at Guadalupe fishing for yellowtail while dropper looping.  Wasn't payin attention and got slammed.  Rod hit the rail of the boat and blew up.

I do like the bend of this ML.  Gonna fish 25 and 30# on it.

johnachak

Use it in good health. It's a beautiful stick. I hope it catches you many a dinner.

thorhammer

Sir, thats just nasty!!!!!!

Mattman NZ

WOW - A work of art as always Jon.

Regards

Matt...

fIsHsTiiCkS

That is seriously one of the most beautiful rods I have ever seen!!

Dominick

Jon... you do terrific work.  That is one beauty of a rod.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

zaconb