Where to find Pro Gear 280 Drag Washers?

Started by eldoradoman, September 09, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 12, 2020, 07:03:39 PM
I bought sheets of 1.2 mm I think and punched multiple sets years ago.  The drags are all the same size with the exception of the 461?  I'm not sure what that is.....

All this confusion is making me want to go tear mine apart to confirm.  I kept them 3 stacks as I recall.

Bryan, are you sure .065'' ?  Thats 1.65mm and I don't recall that?   I'm thinking 1.4mm was the original.

I'm not doubting you will come up with the 'Ultimate' set though.
Hi Randy,

Yes, I'm sure. I just re-measured it. My washers are NOS and didn't come out of any reel. That is where you may see a difference in the drag washer thickness as the drag washers looks like HT-100 where the weave is a little loose unlike Carbontex.

3 x 0.065" = 0.195".

1 mm = 0.040"

5 washers x 0.040" = 0.2"

Alternatively, I could cut 4 washers x 0.04" and one at 0.03" for a total height of 0.19". I suspect 5 x 0.04" would be better because you will be compressing the washes anyway. The only think is you may have a little drag when you back the star off completely since you will always have a little compression due to the height.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Note that I do not have 15/16 sized punch for the under gear drag washer. I could do 1" or 7/8". Please advise which size you would like. Also, may I get confirmation of the thickness?  0.030" or 0.040" thick?

I do t want to guess because the wrong thickness, the gear could interfere with the anti-reverse dog or sit to high for the proper main/pinion gear engagement.

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

Lol, I'm real confused.  On page #1, post #12 you stated originals were 1.4mm. Also, that pushing a 5 stack may damage gears so I think that is why I went with (3) 1.2mm.  No replacement gears around for these reels.

I purchased the sheet from Sal's EBay contact.  But as I recall Dawn sells 1.2 and 1.5mm Carbontex.   The 1.5 may be perfect for this.

I'm out.....
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mrwilson99

I will open my 280 and see what size later on today!

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 13, 2020, 02:07:53 AM
Not that I do not have 15/16 sized punch for the under gear drag washer. I could do 1" or 7/8". Please advise which size you would like. Also, may I get confirmation of the thickness?  0.030" or 0.040" thick?

I do t want to guess because the wrong thickness, the gear could interfere with the anti-reverse dog or sit to high for the proper main/pinion gear engagement.

Thank you,
Bryan
David

Bryan Young

Quote from: mrwilson99 on August 13, 2020, 04:04:28 PM
I will open my 280 and see what size later on today!

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 13, 2020, 02:07:53 AM
Not that I do not have 15/16 sized punch for the under gear drag washer. I could do 1" or 7/8". Please advise which size you would like. Also, may I get confirmation of the thickness?  0.030" or 0.040" thick?

Thank you,
Bryan

Thank you David!

Bryan Young

Ok, my washer thicknesses were off.  I though I was cutting 1 mm thick material and was actually is thicker than 1 mm material.  I will get the final numbers tonight.

I have 10 kits available if the measurements are okay for me to ship.  The cost will be $20 per kit plus $4 shipping. 

mrwilson99

Let me know! Text me!

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 01, 2020, 01:08:29 AM
Ok, my washer thicknesses were off.  I though I was cutting 1 mm thick material and was actually is thicker than 1 mm material.  I will get the final numbers tonight.

I have 10 kits available if the measurements are okay for me to ship.  The cost will be $20 per kit plus $4 shipping. 
David

Bryan Young

Original versus Carbontex that need to be stacked to creat a 3-stack from 5 washers. The new stack could be 0.2 mm shorter or 0.4 mm taller.  Which would you prefer?

sabaman1

Bryan, these are the 280 albacore special replacement drags correct?
JIM

Bryan Young

Yes. These are for replacement for AS280 and AS282. Not sure about other reels though.

You would take 5 washers and stack them 2 then 1 then 2 instead of 3 washers of the same thickness.

Bryan Young

mrwilson99

Thank you for making these, Bryan! Let me know when you are doing next round, would like a few more sets!

Thanks again!

David

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 05, 2020, 05:54:34 AM
I'm out of kits.
David