Classics part 2

Started by the rockfish ninja, September 10, 2014, 02:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Glad the first installment was liked, ran outta bathing beauties, but you gotta love a baseball player with a name like Dazzy Vance. :D (He even had his own lure co.)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

the rockfish ninja

;)

the rockfish ninja

Ginger Rogers made the cover of LIFE just for being a kick butt fishing chick ???, can't beat that one. ;D ;D ;D ..and who doesn't love Lucy. ;)

the rockfish ninja

8)

the rockfish ninja

:)

the rockfish ninja

;)

the rockfish ninja

:) Zane was the man back in the day.

the rockfish ninja

:P OK we're getting to near the bottom of the barrel here cause these folks aren't famous, except for the four surfcasters who are probably legends in their home town :D

the rockfish ninja

:'( Sadly all good things must come to an end, but this has got to be the coolest lure I've ever seen. :-*

Shark Hunter

Good Stuff Ninja! Thanks for Sharing. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

The third guy from the left with the Surfcasters could pass for Robert Redford. The other three look like posers to me. ;D
Life is Good!

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 10, 2014, 04:03:40 AM
The third guy from the left with the Surfcasters could pass for Robert Redford. The other three look like posers to me. ;D

Too funny!!! :D

I think he looks more like a distant Kennedy relative, the guy next to him looks like he might have arthritis of the shoulder, the pipe guy really does look like the poser ;D, but the dude between Robert Redford and the pipe guy looks like he'd whoop yer butt for being in his fishing spot.

Tightlines667

Have any of you guys visited the IGFA hall of game in Fort Lauderdale/Dania Beach, FL?
I think I remember some cool historic pics and old Zane Grey Ira big game reels.  Wish I would've taken some pics.

Here's a link:

http://www.igfa.org/Museum/Visit-the-Museum.aspx

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

cwillis85

Yeah loads of cool antique fishing everything at the fishing museum.  The bass pro next door was the closest one to me until a few months back when I moved to Tampa. I caught my only Marlin ever on one of their simulators and we saw our first florida gators there. The old reels, lures, boat motors, and even the sport fisher in the back pond make it must go if your in the area.
Chris