I'm now a dealer for rod building components

Started by Jon Vadney, September 12, 2014, 07:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Hey guys.  I just wanted to let you all know that I am now a dealer for a wide variety of rod building components and blanks.  Let me tell you a little bit about my website so you know what's going on before you visit it.  I want my website to be an online representation of a brick and mortar store.  What I have on the site that is available for purchase, is available and waiting to be shipped out.  If it's not available for purchase, it will be because of 1 of 2 reasons: I'm sold out, or I haven't found procurement for those products yet (ie: fuji, I'm still waiting on my PO to be filled and I won't make them available for sale until I know that they are on a truck heading to my front door).  Additionally, hypolon has been amazingly difficult to source at the moment.  They had a huge recall and it is hitting everyone.  Even some of the major west-coast rod manufacturers are having issues finding it right now for their production rods.

If you want a product that is not listed on the site, but you see the manufacturer listed, just email me ( CATacklehouse@gmail.com ) or PM me here and I can get it for you (ie: you want a Phenix UMBX model that I don't have listed, but I am a Phenix dealer, contact me and I can get one shipped out to you).

Here's the link to my website:  http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/

Doing this as my full time job has been a life-long dream of mine.  I have years of experience working in a tackle shops, but running my own business dealing with a community I love....well.... none of it has felt like work.  Thank you all for reading this and I hope that I can be of service to you in the future.  

Tiddlerbasher

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on September 12, 2014, 09:03:16 AM
Good luck my friend. I wish you well  :)

Thank you sir!  I really appreciate it :)   Being a small business in California....I'm gonna need all the luck I can muster hahaha.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Great being on your own.  Nothing like it except there is no salary.  I did it 30 years ago.  You will love the independence.  I wish you the best there is to come.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

johnachak

Good Luck big guy! Not that I think you're going to need it.

Jon Vadney

Thanks again guys! 

John, I'll take all of the luck I can handle! hahaha.  How's your hip doin?  Think you'll get out soon?

wallacewt

hi jon
i need some components for my e-glass spiral
rod tip is 3.75mm thick
lenght of rod is tip/foregrip 1135mm
full set of guides+tip, bhbng
green+
gold thread
blank is black,should look ok
cheers

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jon Vadney

Quote from: wallacewt on September 25, 2014, 11:03:36 PM
hi jon
i need some components for my e-glass spiral
rod tip is 3.75mm thick
lenght of rod is tip/foregrip 1135mm
full set of guides+tip, bhbng
green+
gold thread
blank is black,should look ok
cheers

oh god...the metric system.  Give me a few mins and I can get you a list of items hahahaha  ;D

Jon Vadney

Here you go Wallace:

Fuji BHNNT:  Size 10 (10).  3.75mm puts it between a 9 and a 10, but Fuji doesn't offer half sizes above a 7.5 in the HB rod tip series.  You could order a 9 and sand the tip down a bit to get it to fit, or you can go with the 10, see how it fits, and shim it if you have to (1/8" piece of masking tape to make a tiny little bushing, then glue the tip on with 5min epoxy)  -  http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/collections/guides/products/fuji-bhnnt-tops?variant=812388991
Fuji BHBNG:  20, 16, 12, 10, 10, 10, 10.  You may need more or less guides depending on which blank it is and how parabolic it is.  You may also decide to go with a 25 stripping guide if you are using a large reel (a 30 or larger).  The guide train would then look like this: 25, 20, 16, 12, 10, 10, 10, tip.  -  http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/collections/guides/products/fuji-sin-ii
Thread:  Bullard's Emerald Green and Inca Gold in metallics  -  http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/collections/bullard-thread/products/bullard-metallic-thread
and Bullard's Black Coal size D over the top  -  http://www.californiatacklehouse.com/collections/bullard-thread/products/bullards-nylon-thread-100yd-spools

If you purchase the above stuff, just choose the shipping option "Pick up - Free" and I'll calculate the exact shipping and then you can send it through paypal. 

wallacewt

reel is penn 4/0 special, tank o/h.
rod is stiff with tip action
does this help
i think i would rather build the tip up
instead of sanding
go with the 25+an extra 10 bhbng
thanks jon

wallacewt

jon the tips are coming up sold out,also
shipping wont accept australia
cant find pick-up free, it will be me not the site.

Jon Vadney

Hey Wallace, I added Australia to the site's shipping options.  Give it another try to see if it works.  I realized I am out of those BHNNT tips at the moment.  What I do have from my personal stash is a Fuji SiC HGST, sized 10 (10), which is the next step up in insert quality.  I can sell that one to you for the same cost as the BHNNT.  I'll make the size 10 (10) BHNNT show 1 is in stock so if you order that, I'll ship you the SiC tip.