Newell side Plate screws

Started by Redfish King, September 12, 2014, 10:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish King

I need some help finding Newell screws.I have put in a tib frame and the S332-5 had the long screws that go all the way across the reel.So I need shorter replacements for those probably 5 eighths long.

handi2

I you don't need to keep the long screw you could just cut them shorter.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

I got mine from eBay.  Used from that guys that has treasures as a part of his name.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

The screws come from McMaster Carr and the size is 5-40 SS and they are cheap. You could also buy a few off of chowderpuff7@yahoo.com.

Since you have the long body screws you will have to drill out some of the holes on the inner SS rings before they will work for you on the Tiburon frame. Some of the holes are threaded instead of punched and you have to remove the threading. It is really easy if you are mechanical at all.

alantani

send me a pm with your address and the number of screws you need and i will ship them out.  double check the length you need.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Redfish King

Thanks for the help I went with the McMasters and Carr 100 pack.Thanks for the offer Alan.I couldn't find the 5-40 ss in the oval head so I just went with the flat phillips.

bluefish69

They don't make or stock the Oval Head screws. Only Flat Head in Slotted or Philips Head.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.