Kencor reel parts?

Started by Phinaddict, August 31, 2010, 03:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phinaddict

Might anyone know of a contact, supplier or collector who has Kencor parts?

My trusty old 810, (kind of like a 220 Newell), needs a yoke.  A 12-9 yoke from a Penn 9 might work but I do not have one to try. I may have to fabricate one if the parts bins are empty.....

Thanks in advance!
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

alantani

measure out the distance between the two screw holes and measure the diameter of the narrowed slot of the pinion gear and i'll try to find you a match.  you won't find kencor parts anywhere.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

hi phinna,i think i still have one,it was blue and cream baitcaster,plastic,i dropped it on the ground and it shattered,is that the one?you can have it if i can find it.

Phinaddict

Hi Wallace,
I've never seen a blue/cream one. All the different models I have seen, (about 6 or so), all are built the same way. They have gray side plates and stainless steel trim and parts. Thanks for the offer.
If Alan does not have something that will fit, I will make one.

Bearsharker

Hey Alan - still no source for Kencor parts? I think I'm going to need to find/mfr a new side plate for a 940. These seem to be pretty interesting reels. I though I might try my hand at repairing a few.

Thanks in advance -

alantani

none.  i bought a dozen of them with the intent of rebuilding them.  naturally, they are buried out in the garage somewhere.  brian can tell you about the condition of the garage.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Phinaddict

From another website:

"We were met there by a super nice guy who gave us a tour of the facility and shared a wealth of knowledge in a very short period of time. His excitement for fishing was infectous. When we were leaving, he said if we needed anything to just give him a call. "Ask for Kenny", he said.

Kencor has since been sold and moved, and most of the obsolete parts were lost in the move. These reels are beautiful, but best left as display pieces."

and
"I think Kenny died a couple of years ago. He was a great guy!"

Not sure if that last line  is true or not. I managed to remedy my own situation using brass stock
and 155 drag set was a drop in.  Nice little retro reel!
Gene

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on November 15, 2010, 06:23:00 PM
none.  i bought a dozen of them with the intent of rebuilding them.  naturally, they are buried out in the garage somewhere.  brian can tell you about the condition of the garage.
Yup, boxes and boxes of reel parts everywhere.  On shelves, on floor, on floor in boxes, everywhere.  Hoping to get his bench set up and then start organizing the reel parts.  As we go along, we will be posting what's available.  I'm also curious what treasures I will find.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

M.J.Boyd

I have some parts for some of the Kencor reels they are new. I'm not sure as to which reels they are at this time
but their are S.S side rings spools handles thumb nuts ect.ect. I am unloading my garage and came across them
today some handles for the spin reels as well. use to be a Dist. for Kencor back in the late 70's early 80's

M.J.Boyd

If you have a part number I might have the part they will be new parts.
S.S. Side rings, Side plates, Spools, Base plates, Handles, Ect.
ALL KENCOR PARTS ARE NEW

Bearsharker

Still have some kencor parts?