Calstar 700H

Started by Jon Vadney, September 16, 2014, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Here's a 700H I wrapped in a copper theme.  Forecast easy-tight reel seat, Fuji BHNNG's, acid wrapped, with some X-flock on the foregrip to help protect it from the rail.  I could have made it look cleaner if I brought the X-flock all the way to the epoxy ramp and did the ramp over it, but I wanted to make replacement of the X-flock easy as it will get chewed up over time.

Tightlines667

That is a beautiful looking rod!
How long is the butt section?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Tightlines666 on September 16, 2014, 11:49:55 PM
That is a beautiful looking rod!
How long is the butt section?
Thank man :)
This one is for me, and since I'm 6'2" and exclusively use the rail, I use 14" hypolon for the butt.  From the center line of the reel spool to the end of the buttcap, it's about 20".  

Edit: Normally I use 15" hypolon on the rear grips for my personal rail rods, but the forecast reelseat is quite long so I cut an additional inch off of the hypo before installing it.

Shark Hunter

Beautiful Work Jon as always! ;)
Life is Good!

Jon Vadney

Tiddlerbasher

johnachak

Beautiful rod big guy. Use it in good health.

anglingarchitect

Beauty it reminds me of mine Jon.
I fished mine today and really liked it, lots of power in that rod, to drag up some Firetrucks
Consider this a testimonial as it's an obvious art piece, that looks very durable and easy to maintain.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: anglingarchitect on November 07, 2014, 01:36:00 AM
Beauty it reminds me of mine Jon.
I fished mine today and really liked it, lots of power in that rod, to drag up some Firetrucks
Consider this a testimonial as it's an obvious art piece, that looks very durable and easy to maintain.

For some reason, I missed this post.   ???  I'm glad you like the rod brotha!  Did you catch anything on it? Any action pics?

anglingarchitect

I caught some big red grouper on it but no action shots.