Avet LX Up Grade?

Started by SaltyJack, September 23, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltyJack

I have two Avet single speed (6.0) LX Reels. I have been told I could have them upgraded to two speed. I was looking for your thoughts on this if it is possible or even worth it? Also is it something Alan would be able to do?
Thanks Schmity.

Keta

I don't think it can be done.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RUSTY OLD COLT

IN THE LONG RUN IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO SELL YOUR REEL AND BY THE 2 SPEED MODEL I KNOW THERE IS A KIT TO CONVERT TO A MAG CAST AND IT RUNS AROUND  $160  DOLLARS  TRY CALLING AVET DIRECT MAYBE  THEY HAVE KITS FOR THE CONVERSION.

alantani

yeah, you're looking at two new reels.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I tried it today but my single speed reels are all old style and do not match with the new style side plate.   You will need a spool and a complete 2 speed side plate, these will cost more than a new 2 speed reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

Don't forget about the gears, handle, two speed shifter button and pieces for shifting. As you can see these guys are right on either sell your single speeds or use them for other applications. It's to costly to convert a single to a two speed reel.

SaltyJack

Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for, great honest info. Now I know witch way to go.