Diawa Sealine

Started by josa1, September 26, 2014, 03:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josa1

Just wondering if anyone's ever done a tutorial on the Diawa Sealine Lever Drag 30 single speed reel?

I'm doing one for my friend and can work it over and post it if there's any interest.  I might have it done by year end!  ???

LOTS OF LITTLE PARTS!!!

josa1

Rancanfish

Coincidentally had my Daiwa binder out and flipped to the schematic.  I don't have the patience anymore to tear into them.  

Anytime they mention more than one type retainer I say never mind now!

You do have the schematic right?

Geez, just realized this is a month old, lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

if it's the reel i'm thinking of, it has cork drag washers.  i worked on one maybe 10 years ago.  nice reel, nice design, but the thin carbon fiber replacment caused spacing problem when it replace the original thick cork drag washer.  never did get them to work.  bet i could nowl, but it would still be tough. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I recall someone doing something with a similar reel.  Was it Redsetta?  I tried looking for it and could not find it.

I recall that the pressure plate used to press against the friction washer, and the new revised drag system had the friction washer glued to the pressure plate.  Do you guys remember?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D