Wow Cabo was hit hard

Started by Marcq, September 26, 2014, 05:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

Dominick

Yes Marq it is a mess.  I am scheduled to go down on 11/4.  I spoke with the manager of the Presidente Hotel where I usually stay but they will not be up and running by then.  They lost 80% of the windows in the resort, all the palapas, palm trees and most of the landscaping is gone.  They are estimating December 1 as the opening date.  I don't know if I will go down anyway.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

Depending on where we get our information, but I am not even sure the airport will be operational by 11/4.
TomT :-\

Dominick

Quote from: TomT on September 27, 2014, 02:39:21 AM
Depending on where we get our information, but I am not even sure the airport will be operational by 11/4.
TomT :-\
Tom:  According to Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico (this is the company that operates the airport).  The airport will open to the public on October 8, 2014 provided there are no more undiscovered problems.  Of course this is an estimate by this authority but that is the latest information as of 2 days ago.  I spoke with my resort manager today and she said she is still shooting for December 1, 2014 because corporate says that is the date.  However, she must depend on outside contractors for a lot of the work and as you may realize there is a glut of work.  The construction industry is overwhelmed with work so it is difficult to get help quickly.  That is the story for tourism.  Sadly behind the tourist business there are the native Mexicans who have to work and try to dig themselves out.  The working class in this area do not live in sturdy structures so there has been a lot of damage to their homes.  Now they must split their time between working to put food on the table and rebuilding their homes.  None of this is easy.  I have a lot of respect and admiration for the Mexican people.  They are not sitting around waiting for the government to bring them something.  They are picking themselves up and they will be up and running soon.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marcq

I heard that they are also selling t-shirts to help collect funds to rebuilt, anyone knows about this?

Marc..

TomT

Sadly behind the tourist business there are the native Mexicans who have to work and try to dig themselves out.  The working class in this area do not live in sturdy structures so there has been a lot of damage to their homes.  Now they must split their time between working to put food on the table and rebuilding their homes.  None of this is easy.  I have a lot of respect and admiration for the Mexican people.  They are not sitting around waiting for the government to bring them something.  They are picking themselves up and they will be up and running soon.  Dominick

X2 :) :)
TomT