Custom Stainless Steel Spacers Bars

Started by Alto Mare, September 27, 2014, 11:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on January 24, 2015, 01:33:09 PM
29M-250 will also fit
Yes Rudy, also the 29-250 (plastic) will fit. I didn't mention those, because not many would want them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

txangler81

just curious but can the bars be made without the holes in them. I like the look of the solid spacer bars. I mean I know they can be just didn't know if maybe it might be a patent issue or something.

broadway

TXAngler,
    I'm pretty sure they put the holes in the spacers to cut down on weight and aesthetically they look cool, too. ;)
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: txangler81 on January 25, 2015, 06:34:49 AM
I like the look of the solid spacer bars.

You can find plenty of reasonably-priced  Jigmaster 500S reels on fleabay... they've got the solid bars.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Yes, but the only stainless steel bars are available here ;D

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 25, 2015, 03:03:12 PM
Yes, but the only stainless steel bars are available here ;D

Yup! I'm going to get some for my 501. Sweeet!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

txangler81

Ok I understand the purpose behind the holes in the bars, and yes they do look great, but my personal preference is a solid bar. Like Sal said these are the only stainless steel bars made. I do own multiple sets of the 501 bars, but eventually if I don't go with Tiburon frames I would like to upgrade to the  stainless steel bars if I can get them with out the holes. I would think they would be a little cheaper to produce since there would be less machining. Are the stock bars made of steel? They seem heavier than brass. Guess I need to see if they are magnetic.

Shark Hunter

Dustin,
Don't underestimate the strength of those bars. Even though they have holes drilled in them, they are stronger than any stock no hole bar out there. Thick solid stainless verses thin straight steel is no match.
Life is Good!

txangler81

I'm not underestimating anything I just like the look of a solid bar that is all  :)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Unutt

Txangler81,

I think they are cut from stainless.  That means they will not be magnetic, or if so, just barely.
So many reels, so little time.