Baitrunner reels available?

Started by Rancanfish, September 28, 2014, 03:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

It may be blasphemy to come into the Shimano forum and ask for a substitution, but....

I want the smallest baitrunner type I can get. Shimano 1000 size would be the biggest I would want.

Okuma, Tica? Anything even exist? Thanks Gurus!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

Okuma has some that are small --

From another site --

The 30 size Okumas make great feeder reels. I have a couple of Polycasts from 6/7 years ago: 4 bearings, solid as a rock, 3 ally spools, never let me down. Size-wise, they're just a tiny bit bigger than the current 2500 baby baitrunners from Shimano.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

I actually have one of the original 250's but not sure I would trust it.

Tiddlerbasher

Rancanfish

Thanks all.  I just ordered two of the 20b's from a local shop owner. 4 ball bearing, should be perfect.

I looked at the Trio model but one of the problems I discovered using Shimano Stradics is they are TOO smooth.  I found the spool would back roll and dump line in my lap. The weight of the handle would cause it to gravitate to the bottom of it's arc and the line would dump.

I still have three stradics I put in the closet and never used again.