Nice surprise

Started by Topshot, September 30, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

If you have a lady in your life then more then likely you have been drag into stopping at an antique shop at some point in your life. Well on our way back from fishing this weekend I was once again forced to stop at a local antique shop. After what felt like an eternity of looking at old plates and chicken decor I stumbled upon this case where these two beauties caught my eye. I made an offer and brought these bad boys home with me. Needless to say I got nothing but "told you so" all the way home. Looks like they were taken out of the box, spooled up, maybe casted and then forgotten about

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Keta

NICE!

Last week my wife came home with a never worn $415.00 Filson Double Mackinaw jacket she picked up at a yard sale for $3.00. And it fits me.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Doug

Nice find!   I don't know what you paid but that 420ss is a bullet proof little tank and in good shape almost impossible to find these days. I have one I brought when they first came out almost 30 years ago still use ,my favorite fresh water spinner. Doug

Shark Hunter

Chris,
You are a Lucky Dawg! ;D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

El Pescador

Top shot!

If you wish to part with the 450SS reel...  I'm looking for one to be my bone fishing reel in the Bahamas when the wind is blowing too much for fly fishing!! 

Please let me know.

Thanks.  Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bryan Young

All I can say is I am never that lucky.  The only reels I tend to find are Penn 68s.  :(
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Just be careful my son; says grasshopper;  you may be lining the nest to your demise.  it seems at first its fun then you figgure out the angle.....you get a few used fishing reels, pretty soon she gets a remodle, or another den, into the kids room....... tread lightly.  but tell me im wrong in ten years...........haha.....ha.   its fatherly advise........................and cheap!

erikpowell

SCORE!

To All,

Gives thanks to the woman in your life who loves to shop 2nd hand & bargain hunt, and prefers it over shopping New.
I'm so blessed..  ;)
Does wonders for the reel budget  ;D

ChileRelleno

Those are great junking finds, very nice indeed.  :)

I need to find myself a nice 420SS.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

Central Florida

Bill B

Sweet.....last month I went to a small thrift shop but was rushing through....spotted a Monofil...but didnt have time to really check it out.....three weeks later I still had that Monofil on my mind....I wentt back to check it out....it had a cracked left sideplate, missing left bearing and cap, missing handle and just generally a parts reel....left it there and didnt even make an offer.....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!