Started by Black Pearl, September 30, 2014, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Length available:

• 12.50mm
  • 11.50mm
  • 10.50mm

Tightlines667

What length is recommended for use w/ a 500 jigmaster, fitted with the new ProChallenger gear set, and Brian's drag stack? 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 04, 2014, 02:36:49 AM
What length is recommended for use w/ a 500 jigmaster, fitted with the new ProChallenger gear set, and Brian's drag stack? 

That is hard to tell because the PENN and Accurate sideplate measurements are not consistence. I think it is better to have Sal to answer your question.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 04, 2014, 02:36:49 AM
Alan's first run were made the same as the original Jigmaster's sleeve, 12.5mm in length. Using the (3) drag stack should always work, but  we now have (5) drag stack and some use a heavier belleville, I myself prefer to use the standard tension spring on my Jigmasters and smaller reels. The 12.5mm should work on most, but on some it will need to be shaved a little. Plate opening and height is not consistent on all reels, this is the reason Alan decided to make additional sizes for us.
It is a good idea for you to grab a couple of each, unless you don't mind shaving a little off when needed to.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

I'll get the longer one, and may just sand it down a bit (both height and OD) to make it fit the accurate side plates.  Guess I'll be going with the 4:1 gear set as well. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

You might get away with the OD, Those fit perfectly on my Accurate, but didn't fit on another. I wonder it the anodizing color had something to do with it :-\, it was very little. My accurate is silver the one that didn't fit was black...you never know.

Good call on the 4:1 gears those are the ones I requested from the get go. To bad most don't realize what they've been offered here, this might be a one shot deal.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Just a reminder that these spacing sleeves can fit in a lot of smaller penn reels.

Please try to measure the one you have before you order them.

It is a very cheap and very good upgrade for the PENN reels.

Doug

Alan I just put them into 2 surfmasters  a 100 and a 150. A very tight fit but all the handle slop is gone , a good improvement  Thanks for making these available Doug

Alto Mare

A few bucks could do wonders to those reels, I have them in all the ones that I fish with. Gradually, all will have them.

Marcq

Alan! Did you get my PM ?

Marc..

Black Pearl

Quote from: Marcq on March 06, 2015, 01:16:24 AM
Alan! Did you get my PM ?

Marc..
Oh yes. I will send an invoice to you

Marcq

Thanks Alan your da man!!  8)

Marc..

Rancanfish

Well I just spent an entire day working on jigmasters.  I cobbled together a red 501 but had to steal screws and chrome ring off a full size 500 to finish.  I added one of Alans' original sleeves but have to go back and shorten it, as again it resulted in a constantly applied drag.  I will do the trim tomorrow. (Or maybe order the short versions he's producing now).  EDIT: 5/3 Trimmed the spacer length today and the reel is working like a champ and feels solid.

But the reason I was posting to this thread...I was also working on a 506 I had traded for on Bloody Decks.  I had no idea that the sleeves don't work on a 506 sideplate.  The opening is way too small.  I hope someday we have ones for the 506 too.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

fIsHsTiiCkS

I noticed that to about the 506. You just have to widen the openning in the side plate and it will fight nicely

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on May 03, 2015, 05:59:41 AM
I noticed that to about the 506. You just have to widen the openning in the side plate and it will fight nicely
You sure could if you wanted to, but on the 505/506, I don't believe its needed.