Milking the offshore season 'til the fish head South

Started by Prof. Salt, October 19, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

I launched yesterday in choppy seas to collect some kingfish, and I fished around six different oil platforms for cobia. They were no-shows during their migration time ...good for them, bad for me. Oh yeah, I met a Man-O-War that wrapped around my ankle, and was reminded why I have avoided them for the last twenty years. Trust me, give those blue balloons a wide berth because the next 18 hours will not be comfortable!

ChileRelleno

Really nice job on the video, made me feel like I was there with you.
You have cajones staying out in those conditions & with weather on both sides of you.
Were you alone or with a buddy, good call to head in.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Prof. Salt

I launched with four others, but they had all gone back to shore by lunch. I was feeling ok and really wanted one more cobia before they all migrate out, but they just weren't around. Next weekend looks like another shot; maybe I can pull it off then.

Alan, thanks for the great reel tutorials! You made it possible for me to rebuild mine and get right back on the water instead of waiting in line to have a repair business do the work. I needed to know what I was getting into, and your reports and photos were just what I needed. Keep them coming!

harryk3616

wallacewt

Steve-O

Great video, Glenn, as always.  thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!

theswimmer

Glenn,
What are you fishing from?
Looks like a sitontop.
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn