Sand Trap

Started by Shark Hunter, October 22, 2014, 11:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Congrats and applause for the truly amazing restoration, Mr. Shark! You are a reel artisan par excellence. Furthermore, your appreciation for classic Penn SS spinners (which I share, BTW) indicates a level of discernment bordering on genius.  ;D

Bravo!
~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

fsrmn

There is something personally satisfying about taking an old damaged reel and making it functional again. Doing it without replacing parts makes it even more so. Good job  :)
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

Thanks,
I already have another on the way. ;) I'm hoping it has Brass gears. ::)
Life is Good!

FatTuna

Maybe it was underwater and someone found it washed up on the beach. I can't imagine how that amount of sand could get in there.

You do some amazing work Shark.

Shark Hunter

Only from what I have learned Here. I didn't do it alone. ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I have two more upgrades for the sand trap. A Set of Brass Gears from my Buddy Larry and a power handle all the way from England from my Main Man, Mike! ;D
Today was my 24th wedding anniversary. It snuck up on me. After work, I showed up with roses, a card and of course the Chocolates. My wife said "they are so pretty, let me take a picture." I said. let me put a reel in front of it first. :D
Then I took my picture. ;) Forgive my clutter. I have to migrate my stuff from the table for the big feast coming up! I married a good woman! ;D
Life is Good!

alantani

i'm sure your wife loved the reel!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Daron you are a brave man.

Jan and I had our 24th back in September, I didn't dare put the 9/0 I had just acquired on the table with her flowers :-X

Shark Hunter

Ok,
The Brave Man is getting this done. ;D
The pinion gear and bearing was a little tough to get out, but I did it.
This is the difference between the alloy main gear and pinion on the left and the brass one on the right.
I made sure the mesh was Ok with the new gears. I only want to do this once.
I put the crosswind in and the handle. Its a Go! ;D
Life is Good!

Aiala

Look at that beautiful reel! What an incredible transformation.

Simply extraordinary, Mr. Shark. <Shaking head in wonder> Truly!  :o

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Jerseymic

Well done Daron, looks stunning.

DaBigOno

Good work Shark!

I reely like the choice of handle, a perfect match...
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Doug

Really nice job Daron! How hard was it to remove the bearings , aside from the cleanup I thought that would be the most difficult part without doing damage to the housing  Doug