WORLD SERIES FEVER

Started by Dominick, October 22, 2014, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

To us San Francisco Giants fans and baseball fans, game 1 goes to the Giants.  SF Giants 7 Kansas City Royals 1.  Go Giants.  Stay tuned for more information.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Since I don't have a horse in the race, I am rooting for KC. It's been a long time for them. I grew up originally as a Orioles fan because Boog Powell was from Key West (my home town) and they also conducted spring training in Miami. When Ted Turner started broadcasting Braves games on our local TV, I followed them until S. Florida finally got a team. Since I am a homer, I root for the Marlins although I dislike the owners. May the best team win.

bluefish69

Giants are nothing that's why we let you have them.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

UH Oh! :o
Big Words there Mike! ;D
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Just look who we kept. I don't mean the Mets, they weren't around back then.Yankees

foakes

Hey, Mike --

Yankees?

Are they a pro team or college?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

They didn't have incentive this year. They were busy saying Bye to Jeter and letting him enjoy his year in review. NO I am not counting on A Rod except to be a over paid paper weight

Mike

Dominick

Game 2 goes to KC  Giants 2, KC 7.  Travel tomorrow, game 3 at ATT Park Friday.  Just a hiccup in the grand scheme of things.  The baseball gods are with the Giants.  ::)  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

couldn't stand to watch, so i came back out the garage and knocked out a few reels, then came back inside.  should have stayed in the garage,   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Mike I can see you don't like the 7 WS Championships the Giants have or even the 20 World Series appearances they have, I would like to know if you hate the 5 Superbowl's the 49er's have won as well  ;D ;D ;D

Go GIANTS

bluefish69

I have no problem with SF 49's. Only if they play our NY teams in season. Neither one will be in the Playoffs or SB this year.

Mike

Dominick

aaargh Giants 2, KC 3.  KC 2 games to Giants 1.  On to game 4.  Go Giants.  Dominick

Rancanfish

I have been a Giants fan since I was a kid,  still have my 1968 Topps from the Giants. And the A's.  Have signed Sal Bando, Gene Tenace, and someone else. QuikStop market in our neighborhood had an A's team day and we rode our bikes over and got to hang out in the parking lot with some of the players.  Players loved hanging out with a bunch of kids back then and being heroes.

All that said,  I have a gut feeling the Royals are a team of destiny.  The Giants just don't have that clutch killer this year.  All the pop flies were killing me. My wife asked why I was watching DateLine, "Because the Giants can't beat these guys, and I can't bear to watch". Not usually that pessimistic but I won't even watch tonite.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Big Tim

GIANTS fan for over 40 years, and not one time did any of them come over to help me or my family out or call and say "Hey Tim thanks for being such a loyal fan", so I just can't get all that worked up either way. If the Royals win good for them...If the Giants win even better  ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

Gee Tim.  I am surprised at that approach.  As far as I know the Giants think highly of you.   :D ;D :D Dominick