problem shimano calcutte te 700

Started by morpheus, October 23, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morpheus

hi...i have a calcutta te 700 equipped with a deluxe powerhandle..the problem is that when i cast the reel get engaged and it keep doing this....even with the handle pointing downwards..whats ur opinion guys

foakes

Sorry, if you could restate your problem in a little more detail we/I might understand more fully your question.

Thank You -- I just don't quite understand.  Maybe someone else does.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

morpheus

ok..sorry for my english.i have a cslcutta te700 equipped with a deluxe power handle....normally when i cast,i have to press that button so that the spool is not engaged...what is happening now is when i cast the the spool got engaged by itself without turning the handle ...do u think its the power handle causing this..as its quite big

fIsHsTiiCkS

This happens a lot with power handles. What is happening is that when you cast the weight of the power handle is engaging the spool. If you plan on using this reel as a casting reel then I would switch to a counterbalanced handle. Should solve your problem.

Bryan Young

Before switching handles, take your handle off and rotate the position by 180 degrees.  The engagement pin on the rachet may be out of position by 180 degrees.  If that doesn't work, open the reel.  You can often change the engagement by 90 degrees.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D